Gaming game saves?

Jayar182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to back up a game save and put it on my M3? I do not want to start all over for all of my games...does the action replay allow me to do this? also, is there a free alternative? i heard there was a homebrew app that i can use...but is it too difficult?

thanks!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is probably the biggest archive of DS saves around: http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=30
Most of them are in M3 format so it's just a case of copy paste the save to your save directory.
As for the converter tool, I forget the name but I'm pretty sure the M3 software has a converter built in..
We did have a save file section on the wiki (I uploaded a few) but they seem to have vanished!

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking to backup your saves from original carts? If you're using a slot 2, you can use Reinmoon. Here's a guide from the M3wiki. I think it's possible to make an AR gamesave also and then just convert it to the right save file.(not sure on AR though since I don't have one)

The alternative is just downloading someone else's saves.

yooeee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you want to back up you retail cart, right? the easiest way in my opinion is get a EZ 3in1 and use rudolph's backup tool to back up the game save from the retail cart. i dunno about the action replay. i think the 3in1 is a good value with lots of useful features

Jayar182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah,...i want to back up my gamesaves of animal crossing (I finally paid off the second rebuild), pokemon (40 hours logged into that game) and final fantasy III...i may consider getting a AR, but does anyone have confirmation of it being able to back up game saves? is it true that i can use my wi-fi to do this also? because that would save money, but if it is too much hassle, than I am not sure...what does everyone mean by DLDI? and can someone please post the easiest step-by-step for me...i do not have a slot-2 device...only a M3...

thanks!

yooeee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why get an action replay? isn't it just a cheat code device? can't the m3 do that?

dldi has to do with being homebrew programs on any cart. basically a way to standardize homebrew for compatibility with slot 1 carts through patching. you don't really have to worry about it, i believe the m3 can autopatch now

you could use wifi for backup, but i don't know the details (too much of a hassle for me to set up. search for rudolph's tools, he has various programs for different devices (slot 2, wifi, and flash carts).

you should look up the EZ 3in1, it allows you to play gba, do opera, and backup you stuff. another slot 2 device is sorta redundant in my opinion.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
To see if action replay or gameshark can take the save files from the cart just look at the save files on gamefaqs. They don't allow save files from flashcards so what ever they have been submitted with is what your after
biggrin.gif

Thulinma

Computer Magician
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, the AR can export savefiles.
It can even export them compressed or uncompressed.

As far as I know, the uncompressed savefiles are the raw data, like most flashcards use. If yours uses a different format, getting a converter for it shouldn't be hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.