Game saves not available for export after deleting it from the system, then reinstalling.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by havefeith, Apr 20, 2017.

1. havefeith
    OP

havefeith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2011
    Canada
    Okay, just so it's clearer, I had a bunch of games installed before I hacked my 3DS using Plailect's guide, and had to delete one after the hack to make a bit of room. The thing is, I was stupid, and forgot to back up my save using the built in back up system. So, imagine my surprise when I re-download the game, only to find that my save is still showing up. When I go to back it up using JKSM, it says that the save cannot be read. Now, I THINK this is because it's reading the save from EmuNAND, but I may be wrong. I've tried creating a new character, to see if that fixes the issue, and it didn't. Is there any way I can get that save backed up? I really don't want to have to restart, especially as I have over 80-some hours into my one character, and they're quite a high level, both in their classes/Lives, and in their regular levels. The game that I'm trying to export a save from is Fantasy Life.

2. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Fantasy Life uses ExtData.

Zidapi likes this.
  3. havefeith
    OP

havefeith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2011
    Canada
    Dammit, how did I not notice that? Thanks. Although there was one other game that still (sorta) had my save data; Fire Emblem Fates. I deleted my game to try and add the prepatched version with the marriage patch, un-dub (though I could have done without this) and the uncensor patch which seemed to be buggy (my Elise in my Revelations file in wearing the Seashell Bikini, and no matter what I do, I can't remove it, it just dupes itself). Does that also use Extra/Extended Data?

4. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    It uses both. I think slots 1-3 is Save and the rest are ExtData. I don't play it so I'm not 100% sure, but you get the idea.