Game save transfer Question

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by opencountry, Sep 4, 2006.

Sep 4, 2006
  1. opencountry
    OP

Newcomer opencountry Newbie

Is ther any possible way at all to transfer saves between origanal gba sp cartridges.
    It has a flash type save.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I have not ever done this personally although I have both ripped a save from and put a save upon a real cart.

As you already stated flash you have probably heard that this can not be done for EEPROM games with a linker, with a gameshark though I belive it is possible. If this is all you want to do then I would suggest the gameshark method (a linker enables you to dump GBA roms).
    Linkers can be grabbed by themselves from places like Jandaman and a gameshark with save support may be a bit harder to find although a quick search should turn one up.

3. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    I'd like to know this too, which model of Gameshark to get. I just tried and transfered over a save to SMA4 with no luck. A quick search on eBay got me nothing that confirmed the product having save support and gamesharks site mentions nothing either about save support. Is it just not listed but have the feature?

4. greatfire

Newcomer greatfire Member

Spain
    Some early versions of the Gameshark/Action Replay did have the save backup feature but it was later removed because it didn't work properly with a 128k Flash Save, among other reasons. The AR DUO does not support save backup of GBA games.
    Curiosly, recent versions of the Codebreaker/Xploder does support save backup but I don't know if they support all types.