Hacking Game save conversion between Regions / Taking Screen Shots

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Surely others beside myself played the Japanese release and would like to have their game save compatible with the North American release. Even instructions for converting via a binary editor will help.

2. Screen Shots while playing a game on the DS. Is there a way to do this?

Have either of these been discussed before?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
For the conversion between regions, there is no generic solution
wink.gif

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For screenshots while playing, there has been a discussion on the Team Cyclops forum, so this may just apply to the CycloDS Evolution, but they said they can theoretically take screenshots while playing, but only the main screen. This hasn't been implemented yet, however.

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I have a Cyclo DS hoping that I will get screen shots.

Re the conversions. Even if there is no generic solution 1 or two examples would help. I want to convert my save from Children of Mana (J) to Children of Mana (U).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No homebrew app could be made to take screenshots because the DS cannot multi-task. If you were to run a screenshot-taking homebrew app, it would get cleared from memory once the game started. For this reason, if screenshot functionality is ever implemented, it must be done by the device manufacturers themselves, and the feature would be specific to each device. As Hyperlisk_ said, the DS does contain a built-in screenshot function, but it only applies to the main screen (the developer chooses which one this is).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"