Game save conversion between Regions / Taking Screen Shots

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Arch Feline, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1. Surely others beside myself played the Japanese release and would like to have their game save compatible with the North American release. Even instructions for converting via a binary editor will help.

2. Screen Shots while playing a game on the DS. Is there a way to do this?

Have either of these been discussed before?

2. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    For the conversion between regions, there is no generic solution [​IMG]

3. Hyperlisk_

Member Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For screenshots while playing, there has been a discussion on the Team Cyclops forum, so this may just apply to the CycloDS Evolution, but they said they can theoretically take screenshots while playing, but only the main screen. This hasn't been implemented yet, however.

4. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks. I have a Cyclo DS hoping that I will get screen shots.

Re the conversions. Even if there is no generic solution 1 or two examples would help. I want to convert my save from Children of Mana (J) to Children of Mana (U).

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    No homebrew app could be made to take screenshots because the DS cannot multi-task. If you were to run a screenshot-taking homebrew app, it would get cleared from memory once the game started. For this reason, if screenshot functionality is ever implemented, it must be done by the device manufacturers themselves, and the feature would be specific to each device. As Hyperlisk_ said, the DS does contain a built-in screenshot function, but it only applies to the main screen (the developer chooses which one this is).