1. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Somebody has forgotten Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    Actually I thought according to most people AAA had more to do with the amount of money that was pumped into a game and less with the actual quality.

3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I guess most people would be wrong then, because money does not directly correlate to quality...at all.
    EDIT: Well, it does a bit. Obviously indy games would be even more fantastically amazing if they had a 1mill budget. But... you know what I mean. Somethin can be fantastic even on a small budget.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    I don't mean money = quality, I mean AAA means money was put in, not necessarily a good game. Like a crappy big budget game can be AAA but a very good indie game isn't, it's indie. It doesn't really matter, I guess, but that's what I thought.

5. hkz8000

hkz8000 GBAtemp Regular

Half of these games probably won't release this year. To name a few, last year's list had gta 5, the last guardian, arma 3 and bioshock infinite slated for release

6. Guild McCommunist

OP Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I wouldn't say indie games would be better on a bigger budget, in fact the smaller budget makes more constraints and constraints breed innovation. When you're given a box you are pressured more to think outside it.

xwatchmanx, Hells Malice and Gahars like this.
  7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    True that.
    I think some could have been a lot more expanded upon with more manpower, but I suppose thinking now...more manpower doesn't have to = bigger budget.

8. Guild McCommunist

OP Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, the luckier indie devs get picked up by a big publisher and get a little more to work with. Usually that results in a better game without giving them no desire to push the boundaries.

9. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Good topic, excellent image, ty. Looking forward to a few PC games, disappointed no Fallout 4 yet :(

10. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Well, Bioshock WAS supposed to be released this year. But The Last Guardian, I think that had an actual launch window stated at an E3 until well.. the game is MIA.

11. siliconmessiah

siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not too pumped about anything.
    Seems like a good year for backtracking in my games library for my Wii, 360 and PS2 (Must finish Skyward Sword and Final Fantasy 12).

Might buy an occasional PC-game if something interesting shows up on the horizon. But right now, nothing for my tastes.

EDIT: Dead Space 3 is coming my way! And I think we can hope for Fallout-news during this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Releases,