SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So my father tells me to read. Im like is it OK if i read game related books(Books that have words in them, but the story is about the game itself, iv seen a Halo books, it wasn't that bad actually). So where can i get them? Is there any sites that sell Game related books? Please tell, and they must ship to the US

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disregard post, read to quickly, and read wrong
sleep.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Terry Pratchett is definately a good author. Game-Related books... There really aren't that many out there. I saw a Shadowrun book in the shop today, *shudder*, and I have read the first two books in the Halo book series, which is actually pretty decent. I say you should actually read some good books, as some books can be as good or better than videogames.

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
There's some Starcraft, Diablo, Starwars KOTOR, or even Mass Effect books (search on amazon). Most of them really add something to the game experience (like the Mass Effect one).

But there's tons of book that could interest you depending on your prefered universe.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
coalfire said:
juggernaut911 said:
harry potter... the halo books were lame IMO

And the Harry Potter books were better? The first few books were ok but still...I've read better. If you like humor, go for Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
biggrin.gif
(And no offense to any HP fan out there.)
o shiya!!! 5-6-7 are incredible, the first ones are just building anticipation!

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the Halo books were great, especially Ghosts of Onyx. STAY AWAY from The Flood, though. Worst book in the series by far.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could go the other way and get books that became games (usually after becoming films), most actual game to book stuff rates nominally above 13 year old fan fiction. There are a fair few but the two most prominent are Dune and Roadside picnic (later in life STALKER). Both considered master works in science fiction.

Also Terry Pratchett is a fantastic author, there were two or three games made from his books too (Discworld Noir is actually one of my favourite games)

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course you could always start reading Tom Clancy's books, on which the Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell series are based. Also look for Jules Verne's "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" if you loved playing Bioshock, i can surely recommend it. Larger book stores should have these books stocked. Other than that, reading "general" literature as someone above me said can be surprisingly interesting too sir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE