Gaming Game recommendation

howdysmithy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for an adventure game preferably rpg style not platformer that I can get into quickly which is focused on action and is less focused on storyline with either not much text/dialogue or possibly those that can be skipped. For example I used to play advance wars a lot and you could skip all the dialogue scenes and just get into the action. I do like the idea of levelling in rpg's though, any recommendations?

Bonus if it can include short bursts of play or can be saved at any stage

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Legend of Legacy is far from story-driven and seems to have a correct content, but I can't say for sure (not yet released here)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LBX and Inazuma : the cialogues and scenes can be skipped,

and they have a lot of charavcters to level-up and way to differentiate them.

Fantasy Life has a anecdotal story, you always know where to go but can do whatever you want. Between the classes, abilities, crafts,

c companions to level-up, you have a huge list of things to level-up / grind for. And on top of that, you can purchase an extension who multiplies the game life.

Reactions: TVL

howdysmithy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I've never heard of LBX it looks promising, and I just started legend of legacy looks good so far! Are xenoblade chronicles, monster hunter 4 ultimate, and bravely default also good choices you think?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are xenoblade chronicles, monster hunter 4 ultimate, and bravely default also good choices you think?

Monster Hunter could please you thanks to its several RPG elements and its focus on action/search. The storyline is only existent for a few hours in order to teach you the basics of the game, that is why I did not list it: if you skip the things you are told during this short introduction (if you have never played one of those games before), you will be totally lost in what you can and/or should do. Plus, that makes it hard "to get into quickly", you really have to observe the ennemies while they are still easy to fight, read the abilities you have access to (or simply copy/paste some settings ffound on the Internet. The good thing is this solo tutorial allows you to really participate to the game in multiplayer missions, if you have at least done half of it.
The other "detail" you should know is that there is no actual level-up (for the player at least). The sense of progression is build through progressive unlocking of equipments and raising difficulty. That's why the game can be pretty addictive.

(well, to be fair, you can also simply rush to the end of the game like a norvegian berserker with no understanding of the game, we always find beginners lost in end game while they ignore absolutely everything of the system and need to be carried to the next level like they did almost from start)

Short bits of play are possible: you have 50minutes usually to clear a mission but it is to allow youyou to do what you want (behavior observation, harvest, etc). A mission can be cleared in 3 to 30minutes, a bit more if you try multiplayer missions alone when you are "under-leveled".

howdysmithy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like I have some research to do. Also are there any other puzzle/action/adventure games like Zelda for the 3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry I let @HiradeGirl get into my alcohol