game ranking

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi the game ranking are all messed up already. People have been voting for the same game more than once. Perhaps you can change it so you can only vote once or you can change it later if you start to think the game is better.
biggrin.gif
i think you should reset them all.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which games have been messed up in rankings so bad already then?

And well, I don't think it mathers that much to make protections against voting multiple times and making a system to make it able to change your vote and all...
Actually I don't think the whole voting thing mathers at all. The only time most people vote, is when the game is on the front page, when the game is on the front page, the game is just new and you haven't played it yet. So the ratings aren't possible to be reliable.
You may want to change your vote later, but as all other people probably won't, the influence of that vote is like from 0.1 to nothing at all. And the unreliability of the voting based on actually playing experience stays the same...

So well, imo it's no use in advancing the voting system as it doesn't get reliable by it and only costs more database space...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most games are not getting a lot of votes, one way or the other. It is very easy for one person to vote twenty times, and if a game only gets seven real votes, then the score can be completely falsified.

I'm not saying it's a big deal, but it shouldn't be there at all if it's going to give cheating assholes more say than everyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER