Hacking Game properties stuck in AKAIO 1.3rc2?

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using AKAIO 1.3rc2

For some odd reason sometimes a game will get its properties stuck, i.e. if I change them the changes don't get saved. I had this happen twice so far.

For example, I've been trying to run CV: POR, and changed various settings in the Y menu.

But now I can't change them again (soft reset, download play, cheats).

I found that these settings seem to be saved in optionlst.bin, so the only way to change them again is to manually delete this file from my msd card on my computer. I noticed (by opening optionlst.bin in wordpad) that the game appeared twice. I can't seem to paste the data here as text, but it's something like this:

CASTLEVANIA2ACBE
nOOOOOOOOOOCASTLEVANIA2ACBEnOOOOOOOOOO

Except the "nOOOOOOOOOO" part is actually some odd symbol followed by boxes. I think (from examining past optionlst.bin files) that each game should only appear once, but some bug causes them to get written twice, and then AKAIO can't change the options anymore after that.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

ALSO - is this site going VERY slow for everyone else too? Sometimes I can't even load the board.

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.

Well, t least I have CV POR working stable now (AK loader) after formatting fresh with Panasonic formatter and recopying all my files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night