Gaming Game Prices on PSN

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i was browsing the PSN store on my vita and pretty much all the games are way expensive, not to talk about being "10% cheaper than physical copies". Say Assphalt is 19.99£ on PSN and 17.99£ on amazon, same with pretty much all games, Fifa is 44.99£ on PSN! on amazon it is 34.97£ and on ebay 36.85£, not only is it not cheaper, it is far more expensive.

I really wanted to get few games on my vita's card and leave some for movies/music... i got Motor Storm RC cause it looked kinda cool and i want to get Super startdust delta but i'd really liky the 5£ discount, sadly i didn't get it from amazon... so much for going for the cheapest deal lol. If anyone not using one they got I'd be thankful if you'd PM the code or w/e it is :)

anyways its a week after release of the vita, games on release were cheaper than PSN ones... Sony don't seem to get how digital game sales work... look at steam i get a few different deals pretty much every day, i don't like the most of the time, but sometimes they do tickle my fancy...

It is madly overpriced - everything on PSN, an SD movie is 12.99£ even the old ones when you can grab a new DVD which is SD pretty much for 2-5£... PSP games aren't even worth starting on about, some are OK 5£ish, but some say persona series are MAD at 20-35£ i believe... especially if you own PSP copies of them...

Is it this bad in say USA? what do you guys think about this nonsensical pricing? And damn i want a decent racing title on my vita (Race driver GRID pls, only game i own on both PS3 and PC)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is mostly just a problem in Europe. In the US most of the games are discounted 10%-11% off and only a small few are the same price as retail without tax.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
For an interesting take on how much of a rip off the PSN is look at this

The whole concept of Digital Media is a joke when it's on the PSN, and despite some fairly ok sales from time to time prices are far too high in general.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm just going to blame the UK retail, right now prices are changing all the time, new games after one week are mostly dropping to the £20 mark.

But still, PSN is a rip - it's up to the publishers to decide how to price their games, EA knows FIFA is instant cash so they bump it up to the insane price of £44.99

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the demo and fifa seems nice, even though i never was a fan of sports games on consoles/pc.

Love Ashens by the way, watched his review of vita :D the guy cracks me up lol.

and yeah, now i am regretting a bit not buying 215£ bundle from zavvii on release, which included F1 instead of memory card... PSN seems just useless... i really wish steam would take over that pile of garbage which is PSN.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I know what you mean about PSN prices i will not buy on there for my ps3 unless they are on offer.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe only US. HK, and JP games on their respective PSNs get a discount.

Japan hands out discounts at variable rates nowadays though, from 5-25% discount, Vita games are often 4800 yen or less on the JP store, but beware Scamco often does not adhere to the 4800 yen or less policy.

HK gives out about the same discounts as the JP PSN and they have many of the Japanese titles avaliable on the JP PSN and is a cheaper alternative because Asia versions of games are already cheaper as they are and the discount sweetens the deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night