Hacking Game pops out while the DS is on?

Tenkaichi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
While I was playing today I had to do something real quck so I shut the lid and made it sleep. I always pay attention to how I'm handling the DS, but the thought crossed my mind - does anything in particular happen if you take the game out while the DS is on? I tried imagining other systems and what happened (that I know of) but I don't think the PS1(2) counts here...

Anyone have that happen? What happened? White screen of death? Or nothing...? Though I do know that turning the power off while something is saving usually = corrupt save file.
sleep.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While I was playing today I had to do something real quck so I shut the lid and made it sleep. I always pay attention to how I'm handling the DS, but the thought crossed my mind - does anything in particular happen if you take the game out while the DS is on? I tried imagining other systems and what happened (that I know of) but I don't think the PS1(2) counts here...

Anyone have that happen? What happened? White screen of death? Or nothing...? Though I do know that turning the power off while something is saving usually = corrupt save file.
sleep.gif

I don't recall what exactly happened when I did it by accident myself, but I believe the screens turn a particular color (either white or black), after which you would be expected to turn the system off. No damage should occur though (progress after the last save will not be counted as usual)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the time it will freeze if it is an official game (and a lot of flash carts freeze unless running an app that makes provisions), as for the PS1 there is a button at the back of the tray, keep that held down and the game should still work until it has to load again (such an exploit was used for action replay cards that plugged into the serial port).

With regard to the DS some things actually benefit from it though:

takemeout:
Go into pictochat (second room) and yank the cart out. Depending on what color the screen goes

Sleep mode for passme:
Sleep mode can be had it you are using a passme and insert a game/sleep mode card.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that to extend battery life in the Slot-2+Slot-1 combos the slot1 card can be taken out , for example supercard lite and superpass.I boot the supercard menu then take out the slot-1, in this mode some games might freeze if the lid is closed or will play fine. Not sure if slot-2 would work this way, maybe loading a game from a slot-2 device as a backup card for a R4 , SC one or Simply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte