Game plays in Only Red or Green Tint???

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shiroitaka, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009
  1. shiroitaka
    OP

Member shiroitaka GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi I have been testing lots of different games with my Wii (softmodded 4.0E PAL Launch Wii using RGB cable 60hz mode) I have found with a few games recently like wii sports resort and resident evil archives that if i try to force Wii video as an option in neogamma that they just wont load. However if i tell it the Video is Disc or one of the NTSC settings it loads but the video only comes through either tinted all green or all red. Ghostbusters will work when forced PAL but freezes on the wrist strap screen (I found a get around by ejecting just as it loads and putting disc back in). I have tried switching to 50hz to see if the vid plays in colour then or will allow forced PAL but still no dice.
    Another weird error is grand slam loads but then once it gets to s splash screen says Grand Slam Tennis a weird corruption appears flashed at the bottom for a instant then the game freezes (may be unrelated though?).
    Does anyone have any suggestions or methods to get around these? [​IMG]
    Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In the case of Archives, and possibly WSR, your issue is that there's no PAL video code on the disc. Get the PAL versions (you can't yet for WSR, I believe), and your video problems will vanish. You can't force PAL when it's simply not there, and your TV doesn't support the NTSC modes.

Ghostbusters is a different issue, as it has both on disc, and clearly your video looks fine. Your Wiimote is losing sync and not resyncing, right? There's an "eject trick" as you already know. Alternately, play via USB with rev13a, and 002 fix turned ON in your USB Loader of choice. This should solve your desyncing issue (perhaps 13a solves the issue on disc too, but I'm entirely unsure of that).

Grand Slam Tennis has both NTSC and PAL code on disc for sure also (and your video is clear), so that's an unrelated issue. Try reinstalling, and if that doesn't work, get another rip. I've had no problem with this game at all. Perhaps it too requires rev13a, but I'm not sure.

3. shiroitaka
    OP

United Kingdom
    My TV will load other NTSC games on Cube, PS2 and even other WII ones like animal crossing, the conduit, ghostbusters, rune factory so it can output in NTSC (I also checked it could before i bought it as i knew it would be used for import games).

Oh and I can only run from disc at the mo as my Lacie Porsche 500gb wont work with the wii, it fails to detect it. [​IMG]

4. Malc`

Newcomer Malc` Member

United Kingdom
    The RGB scart does it, either play with the standard composite leads or use component ones if you have a HDTV. Had the same thing myself!

Wiggling the scart at the back of the TV so not all the pins are properly connected might do it as well [​IMG]

5. shiroitaka
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cheers will give that a shot if i can remember where i buried them [​IMG]

Sweet it works now just a shame its in the super blurry composite vision now.. oh well its better then the green/red screen [​IMG]