Hacking Game Patches for RegionFree gaming ...

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
hi everyone , I'm using a Sky3DS on a Japanese 3DS LL along with some US/EU games, i was wondering if there is way to get game patches for said games , japanese games get their patches fine, but is there a way to get the other region patches onto the 3DS ?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone , I'm using a Sky3DS on a Japanese 3DS LL along with some US/EU games, i was wondering if there is way to get game patches for said games , japanese games get their patches fine, but is there a way to get the other region patches onto the 3DS ?
Yep! If you have a 4.5 3ds for the region you want patches from, you can download them from the eShop and use FunkyCia2 to repack them as CIA. Unfortunately, you can only do this with gateway, so as a sky user you are out of luck.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Yep! If you have a 4.5 3ds for the region you want patches from, you can download them from the eShop and use FunkyCia2 to repack them as CIA. Unfortunately, you can only do this with gateway, so as a sky user you are out of luck.

thank you :) , that's a much more informative reply than "no, and never will" lol

need to get my hands on a Gateway i guess :D

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thank you :) , that's a much more informative reply than "no, and never will" lol

need to get my hands on a Gateway i guess :D

I said "no, and never will" because it's the correct answer. The way that Sky3DS works, it will never allow you to install CIA files. misterb98 told you how you can make CIA files, but says nothing about how/if you can use them. Considering the fact that you have a Sky3DS, I assume that you're probably on firmware 9.3 or higher. There is no way to install CIA files on those firmwares, and probably never will be.

TL;DR, Not at the moment, and probably not any time soon, if ever.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said "no, and never will" because it's the correct answer. The way that Sky3DS works, it will never allow you to install CIA files. misterb98 told you how you can make CIA files, but says nothing about how/if you can use them. Considering the fact that you have a Sky3DS, I assume that you're probably on firmware 9.3 or higher. There is no way to install CIA files on those firmwares, and probably never will be.

TL;DR, Not at the moment, and probably not any time soon, if ever.

You are telling the truth, but his question was "is there a way to get the other region patches onto the 3DS?", which the answer to is Yes. He would have to switch to Gateway to do so, but he can. Yes, it is possible he is on 9.5, or has other complications. I simply answered his question.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So he'd need a US 3DS to patch US roms, EU 3DS to patch EU roms, etc, even though he's playing on a JAP 3DS?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he'd need a US 3DS to patch US roms, EU 3DS to patch EU roms, etc, even though he's playing on a JAP 3DS?
He could find CIA's with game updates online. To make his own he would need a US 3ds to make US Patches (doesn't patch rom, creates installable file for the update), and a EU 3ds to make EU Update CIA's, yes.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Modifying a game's region invalidate its signature, so unless you exploit your system (specifically the ARM9 kernel) to remove the signature checks, you are out of luck. Then again, if you can do that, chances are you've got enough privileges to remove the region check in the first place...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1