ROM Hack Discussion "Game Maker Studio" - Games "ported" to Nintendo Switch. Thank you Undertale!

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It includes a game maker 8 file in the source code. The only way to get it working on the switch is to import it into gms1.4 & update the code. Then you would probably need to export from gms1.4 & import it into gms2. Fix code then export.
im interested in taking on this project since it may work as a forefront to MUGEN.
do i need high end computer for this ?

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im interested in taking on this project since it may work as a forefront to MUGEN.
do i need high end computer for this ?

64bit os, 64bit dual core cpu, 2gb ram, dx11. That's the minimum requirements. Everything I've done in GameMaker studio 1.4 & 2 has been done on a Dell venue 11 pro windows 10 tablet.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I made Duck Doom in Game Maker 5.3 and would gladly port it to Studio. But what do you folks think would be the best control options? It's currently keyboard+mouse and I don't know if there's any way to code Joy-con IR controls.:ohnoes:

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone managed to get AM2R working on 6.1/Atmosphere? Idk if I'm doing something wrong or what, but the NSP fails to install, and nothing happens when trying to load through LayeredFS. Just loads Undertale normally.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to get AM2R working on 6.1/Atmosphere? Idk if I'm doing something wrong or what, but the NSP fails to install, and nothing happens when trying to load through LayeredFS. Just loads Undertale normally.

Rename data.win to game.win? Just a thought

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, I made Duck Doom in Game Maker 5.3 and would gladly port it to Studio. But what do you folks think would be the best control options? It's currently keyboard+mouse and I don't know if there's any way to code Joy-con IR controls.:ohnoes:
the controls could just randomly work. Some older game maker games will boot on the switch and not respond to controller input, some will respond, its hit and miss. If you are capable of importing your source code into a newer game maker studio you may have a better chance at controls working.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like someone about to get a job at Panic Button :rofl2:

Although "illegal" doesn't look that good on a resume

OK, I'm OOTL here, what makes software "illegal" exactly? They mention something about a method, but that's awfully vague if you ask me.

Not to mention, does this require having the Switch port of Undertale, presumably digitally? (unless it can pull a Cave Story and get a physical release) Because I'm seeing topic recs here that suggest so.

iIXEPHYRIi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why doesn't nidhogg 1/2 work? That would be a great game. :/

10 seconds Ninja, Alcarys Complex, Uppertale, Five Nights At Freddys GameMaker Edition, and Feral Fury, Animal Village crash. Maldita Castilla pi edition runs for a minute then crashes, Supper Crate Box pi edition crashes. Beemis doesn't respond to controller. Shield Action doesnt respond to controlller. Silverlead Sheriff partially works, touch screen works. Shattered Realms partially works, only mode that works is tutorial. Hero Siege works but has graphical problems. Sugar Overkill Arena, Control Cubes, Lumiva Legacy Demo works. DYO does work, you have to go to controller settings first and select single controller, if you don't the game will instantly crash. I've tried various versions of Am2r, old, new, windows, Linux, Android, instant crash. Some games may have game.unx instead of data.win

Would our be able to hook me up with FNAF GM edition. Thank you

you*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today