Game Maker(s) for the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kitetsu, May 16, 2008.

1. kitetsu
    OP

kitetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2008
    ausfailia
    Just out of curiosity, i googled for programs that makes DS games/apps, and so far, i found 3 of them:

- Virtual Game Maker DS by Globoeil

- DS Game Maker by FatQuack (I'm sure the link i pasted isn't the latest version)

- XtenDS

Although i was impressed and somewhat surprised that there's more than 1 of these programs being made, I still need to know which one of these 3 (or more) programs are the most noob-friendly and have the most functionality at the same time, meaning not just be good for making Zelda clones. Do any of you here know which to recommend?

2. gizmo_gal

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    I've tried XtenDS and while I'm sure it has potential, its NOT noob friendly, by that I mean that it seriously lacks a Txt file of instructions. the so called "guide" didn't help me at all with what I wanted to know...

Edit:
    P.S. Thank you, Kitetsu, for searching these for yourself and including links and not acting crazy in the forums requesting info about "dS gayme maikrrs [​IMG]". This competent behavior is truly appreciated.

3. jordanlp

jordanlp GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2008
    United States
    WHOA DS GAME MAKERS >_

4. LilZero

LilZero Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    Can you create a Sonic game?

5. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    They all require as much C/++ knowledge as you would need to code without one, thus making them completely useless.

6. LilZero

LilZero Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    Darn! I know nothing of C/++ knowledge and I alway wanted to make a Sonic game (or hack one).

7. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Mar 7, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    im learning c++ can't wait to know enough to make a game

8. LilZero

LilZero Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    You're pretty lucky.

9. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    There are a ridiculous number of C/++ tutorials online.

Anyone can start learning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice