Game locked up, recovered by holding down home button

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mr. Wizard, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Mr. Wizard
    OP

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    So I was playing botw, and I went to scan my wolf link amiibo when the game beeped and it locked up. I could not move, turn, access any menus or go home. Completely locked up. and unresponsive. At first I thought my pro controller bugged out, but the game sound and everything stopped. It was like looking at a still JPEG of the game.

Not wanting to start over at the graveyard load an old save, in desperation I tried holding down the home button on my pro controller. Lo and behold after about 10-15 seconds it came up with the "Press both triggers" interface, and when I did my game was back to normal. Huzzah!

Anyone else witness this behaviour?

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Judas18

Judas18 Queen Kunty

Jul 30, 2011
    England
    I had something similar whilst playing Snake Pass. Only the home button would work, it sorted itself out after a minute or 2 though.

3. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Good to know, although the only time a game did bug up on me it actually force closed the Zelda BoTW running on cart with the dreaded "The software was closed because an error occurred" message, in that case I had to restart the console entirely =/

4. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I haven't had a lockup yet but when I do I'll give this a try.