Game like Tales of Eternia

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shinelt, Dec 26, 2009.

Dec 26, 2009

Game like Tales of Eternia by shinelt at 8:38 PM (1,226 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shinelt
    OP

Newcomer shinelt Member

United States
  2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    search on any good game site for "tales of" under the NDS section and you'll get 3 results very similar to that game.
    and you can get some more if you have a slot-2 card as well.

3. shinelt
    OP

Newcomer shinelt Member

United States
    But u know, i searched as u said and found 2 games, but their japanese, so i won't play them until I learn Japanese ( never )same a
    So, maybe anyone knows a game, something like (side-scrolling action rpg). 1 year ago i saw some videos on gametrailers of nds game that is the s i described, but now, when i got my DS, i can't find it on that web...

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    If its any consolation, Tales of Innocence is fairly closed to being translated with Tales of Heart being translated as well.

FOr game reccomendations, go for Avalon Code, KH, FFCC and Soma Bringer.

5. Anne Noise

Member Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish there was a menu translation patch for either ToI or ToH. I want to play them way bad, but don't want to struggle with learning pedantic crap like the menus, haha. My Japanese knowledge is limited to Japanese 3 and lower (the cat is wearing a blue sweater; that red car that just left was my ride!) and that was five years ago.

As for other similar games... there aren't many. I agree with all of emigre's suggestions - they aren't strictly 2D or sidescrolling or even the same genres between them, but they're all good and I think the concept might be similar enough to tide you over for the Tales of Innocence trans.

6. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    If you have a slot-2 you can play Swordcraft Story I remember it having something similar to Tales battle system.