Gaming Game like Earthworm Jim for DS?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not technically for the DS, Earthworm Jim & Earthworm Jim 2 are both available for the GBA, so if you're not on a DSi you could play those.

If you're looking for something new, though, I can't really think of anything that had that special something EWJ did available for the DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally nothing on DS comes anywhere near EWJ. In fact, i've never really seen a game for any system quite like them. Of course, you could load them up in JenesisDS, which plays the originals well. The GBA ports were steaming piles of goat shit however, stay away.

biggman15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize this isn't much help... But I thought you should know that there are other options...

That's a Yobo FC16GO... or Handheld Super Nintendo... Works like a charm...

Oh... and I'm not very good at takeing photos without a flash...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
While not technically for the DS, Earthworm Jim & Earthworm Jim 2 are both available for the GBA, so if you're not on a DSi you could play those.
They're bad ports though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gamelofts port will make DSiWare one day.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i swear there was a wiiware earthworm game coming on the Wii it was a remake or something, not sure is the op is interested.
Yeah that is the Gameloft one, they're pretty much bringing it to everything that has a download service.

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Literally nothing on DS comes anywhere near EWJ. In fact, i've never really seen a game for any system quite like them. Of course, you could load them up in JenesisDS, which plays the originals well. The GBA ports were steaming piles of goat shit however, stay away.

the 1st one even had a level removed from it

Posts merged

QUOTE(biggman15 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:28 PM) I realize this isn't much help... But I thought you should know that there are other options...

That's a Yobo FC16GO... or Handheld Super Nintendo... Works like a charm...

Oh... and I'm not very good at takeing photos without a flash...

holy shit, is this worth deleting my ds roms and emu over?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the GBA versions of Earthworm Jim are disappointing.

Though, perhaps a port could make it to the DSiWare channel. The recent Rayman port gives me hope that other developers will start flexing their retro muscles.

biggman15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Killa said:
holy shit, is this worth deleting my ds roms and emu over?

It depends... Would you rather carry around a simple DS or an FC16GO and a bag of games the size of a small car...

I've had a little time with it... You can plug it into a TV and play it like a normal Super Nintendo complete with Wireless controllers... but your limited to either the number of games you actually own or the number your willing to carry...

I really like that I can take this thing to my best friends house and not have to worry about his Spaz dog pulling my Super Nintendo off the shelf while were playing it...

I'd stick with the DS... I mean this thing is huge... But I still love it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn