Gaming Game Lazy

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right its time to face the facts here, Nintendo get very very lazy and should win a green peace award for the recycling of games, think of the amount of times old games have been re-released. Yes they were very very good games but still released with virtually no changes other than the port. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the DS was a very very lazy port from gameboy advanced. The games were virtually exactly the same apart from a bit of lazy touch screen menu selection the game had no stylus driven features. Which kind of proves they are still rebranding, remixing and reporting games, when the DS came out I thought hmm maybe this will end the snes ports and recycling but I guess not.

Yes the games which are ported are usually excellent remakes, but I would like to see them at a cheaper price or in a double pack due to the small amount of work which has to be done.

I was sitting at home and saw an advertisement for harvest moon DS, I am glad to see they have integrated some touch screen games in but can anyone tell me, is that it?

Surely somebody must agree with me here they are a bit lazy with all those snes games, using them in Wii arcade too.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah sadly i must agree too... nintendo's creativity department is getting quite dull, there arent any games the jump out at me as a MUST BUY or a MUST DOWNLOAD ROM anymore. I think nintendo's big break is when they introduce a fps game (something along the lines of a simplified counter strike?
laugh.gif
) or they push the ds's gfx abilities to the max and try reproducing some PSP games
yaypsp.gif

other than that the only thing i see in the future that might be interesting is Zelda. Other than that for the next few months leading up to its release all Nintendo will be doing is emphasizing the new pokemon game and the millions of puzzla games they keep releasing in japan
dry.gif

jabran200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to agree, the games that are available are usually sloppy and get boring after a while. The only games really keep you hooked are games liek Zelda, Pokemon anf games like final fantasy but even these games will not be as good as the old ones i reckon.

Nintendo need to push the DS further and make some new DS only games which are good and not ports or sequels. If they cant do that then atleast make the graphics really reall good, look at games like harvest moon which are pretty much the same visually.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's where new consoles have an advantage they are forced to bring out new games, rather than the tempting laziness of the mass collection of snes and other Nintendo games which exist. Its something which old skool Nintendo fans notice and it pisses them (or at least me) off a lot. The fact that Nintendo thinks it can get away with presenting remade games onto its new customers is downright cheeky.

What I think we need to see more is examples of excellent graphics and highly stylus driven games such as metroid hunters. From looking at those games we can see power which the ds has and how it is being wasted on some of these stupid ports. I love zelda minish cap based pixel graphics for 3D is here now and Nintendo developers should stop porting games and concentrate on how to make it look good.

DS Price
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
£17.99 Delivered

(Those who are in US just double to make dollers)

GBA Price
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
£24.99 Delivered

Looks like play.com realized that blue recuse team is just a gba game with a bit of touch support that wastes battery faster.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If dead or alive extreme beach volleyball exists I think Nintengirls could be a possibility.
tongue.gif

I'm sure could make worse:

pokemysteryyg8.png

NOW WITH TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT!

Navigate the menu with the all new DS touch screen support!

Buy now for 29.99

"Hell I already have the gba version for that navigation with touch screen support is just too tempting"

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Harvest Moon
Yoshi's Island
Resident Evil DS

If I was to start talking about new games which have just been changed a little or a completely stolen concept then I could go on for ages.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't say that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was not adapted from the gba. They are virtually identical games apart from the menu touch screen support.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whichever platform it was first created for its clear they put a small amount of effort into building clear defined different features into both the games, its not really a port its even more easy than a port.

Harvest Moon although not directly owned by Nintendo its clear that the quality of the port from the gba or snes version has been allowed by Nintendo its more than likely like Nintendo requested to VIS to remake harvest moon.

Kenzya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You listed some shitty games, I'm surprised you didn't throw Rayman DS in to the list. You could have added Phoenix Wright, yeah? But that's still a very small number. If you open it up to the GBA you can talk about all the NES re-releases, SNES re-releases, and Square's money venture.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well its more about nintendo as a whole gba was terrible for all the snes and nes.

But i'm not anti nintendo or anything or I wouldn't be here I just think its a point which is true.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the DS was a very very lazy port from gameboy advanced. The games were virtually exactly the same apart from a bit of lazy touch screen menu selection the game had no stylus driven features.
Mystery Dungeon was developed and released for both the GBA and DS at the same time - neither version is a port of the other. Think of it like a multiformat release; people could choose what format they wanted to purchase it for - if they only had a GBA then they could buy the GBA version, but if they had a DS they could opt for the DS version instead with added touch controls etc...
BTW the game was developed by Chunsoft and not Nintendo.

Regardless I do agree that Nintendo have been very complacent as of late... in the Gamecubes infancy with original titles like Luigis Mansion and Pikmin Nintendo promised this was the beginning of more things to come, with lots of new franchises and ip on their way. Localisation of a couple of long running Japanese ip aside (Advance Wars and Fire Emblem) Nintendo never really followed through with much... Nintendogs and Brain Training aren't much to show for 6 years although they have been sucessful, which begs the question why havn't Nintendo made more new ip?
Not only that but they've let their relations with several prominent second and third party developers slip... e.g. Rare, Silicon Knights, Camelot etc... companies responsible for "filling the gap" of must own games between Nintendos first party offerings.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm right in saying the only original Nintendo developed title being worked on at the moment is Project H.A.M.M.E.R (headed by NST). I've got a feeling that Kurikin Nano Island Story (aka Pokemon meets Bacteria) may be a first party title; Nintendo are publishing it but havn't revealed the developer yet - that's probably wishful thinking though.

=/

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Same style of gameplay with some touch screen added in.

You could call it a whole new game because they have added touch screen in and rebranded it. But how hard is it to take to run the arm code through the ds and put a bit of touchscreen in.

Yes most of these games are not actually made by nintendo pokemon by chunsoft and harvest moon by VIS so I should be pointing my finger at them too but Nintendo are the ones which have the final say on what comes on the DS and should be the ones saying "stop being lazy and remake the whole thing the sourcecode is for reference only".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality