Game is freezing during opening movie

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shadowdorothy, Sep 11, 2012.

Sep 11, 2012
  1. shadowdorothy
    OP

Newcomer shadowdorothy Advanced Member

United States
    I got the custom firmware installed a few days ago and have been playing some old PS1 eboots since then. But today I ran into a problem. I booted up Final Fantasy 7, and everything was ok until about 10 seconds into the opening movie. My PSP froze and I had to remove the battery to reboot my system. I thought it was just a one off, and tried to boot Final Fantasy 7 again. Same problem occured. Could there have been a problem when I converted it into a multi-disc eboot? Every other game has worked, it's just FF7 that has issues.

Should I re-convert the .iso's into .pbp format or should I just try overwriting the FF7 iso on my memory card with the one from my hard drive? Playing the game on an emulator did not freeze my computer, so I think it might be the eboot.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    buy the psn PsOne version
    or
    use popsloader and try a different pops version

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    FFVII lets you save at the end of each disc so a multidisc eboot isn't really economical with space.

Anyway, what firmware are you running the PSP on at the moment, did you rip the ISO's yourself, and what GUI/exe did you use to create the eboot? FFVII plays completely fine on the PSP and isn't one of the trouble games so there's no reason to give up at the first hurdle.

1 person likes this.
  4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I can verify that. Ive played though the entire thing with no hitches.

5. shadowdorothy
    OP

United States
    I'm running 6.60 pro permanent install. I ripped it myself and used psx2psp. Like I said no other game gave me issues, just this one. Could it have been a bad conversion?

6. xist

United Kingdom
    And have you tried installing popsloader and using the 3.72 version of pops?

7. shadowdorothy
    OP

United States
    No I have not. Is there a guide to using popsloader on this sight? I used psx2psp.

8. xist

United Kingdom
    In this case i doubt the GUI is the issue.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/301579-guide-to-installing-popsloader-v3-on-pro-b8-through-pro-c-cfw/