Game Informer magazine scored a Super Mario Galaxy 2

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Juanmatron, May 13, 2010.

1. Juanmatron
    OP

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    [​IMG]

A few days ago we see that the magazine EDGE Super Mario Galaxy 2 scored with the perfect score, something hard, coming from a magazine that Final Fantasy XIII scored a 5.

Today we know another of his notes, is somewhat more interesting, now isn´t a 10. The American magazine Game Informer has analyzed and Super Mario Galaxy 2 has given 9.25, slightly less than the first part was 9.75.

On the negative side we have some stars are frustrating to get, maybe this is the great difficulty that Miyamoto referred to talk about the game. In particular, the analyst was a star more than four hours of work, but ... Is this a bad thing?

It also casts doubt Mario's movements for motion control, or waving the Wii Remote, which qualifies as "somewhat poor."

As you can see, despite this, the game aims very high, much as the first part.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123460

2. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I absolutely loved the first one and if it really is gonna be that difficult, then I am set to have one of the best summers ever. F*** life! [​IMG]

3. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wait...they gave it a lower score cus it was too hard for them....and then they will complain later that the wii isnt hardcore and they cant even beat a mario game. meh whatever.

4. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Well a 9.25 is still pretty damn high. Maybe the reviewer felt that some stars were less challenging and more stupidly frustrating. There is some difference there. They also mention the motion control, so maybe the control got in the way of the game and just frustrated things more.

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

hardcore games and game difficulty are different concepts.
    Take Cooking mama, if they ask you to chop a massive cucumber in 0.5 seconds, well thats really hard with no justification. And its not interesting either.
    Hardcore games arent just about the difficulty, its about appealing to "core gamers" instead of the general public (the shovelware kind of public).
    I consider myself a core gamer because i dont like shovelware, but I dont like games that are difficult just for the sake of being difficult or for lengthening the game.

6. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Meh, I don't care if it's difficult, as long as it's fun I'm okay with it [​IMG]

7. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah I actually just read the article I kinda understand where the guy is coming from. Im still excited for the game gunna be an awesome way to kick off the summer.

8. Juanmatron
    OP

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    That´s for underestimate Nintendo!

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    oh noz if a games too hard you shouldn't play it. bout fucking time they made it harder i was tired of finishing a game in a few days to a week!

10. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    .50 less than Galaxy 1?
    Oh crapcicles, I can smell the nerdrage already!

Hopefully, the game IS a challenge. The first one was ridiculously easy, in my opinion. At least when compared to Super Mario 64.

EDIT: Holy hell, 240 stars? I'd better clear my weekend schedules.

11. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    There's a difference between a reasonably difficult game and a game where it is just un-reasonably hard just like with the Cooking Mama analogy above. Perhaps the reviewer was correct and the level was un-reasonably hard. You haven't played the game so how would you know?

I'm glad this game comes out on the 23d. I'm not going to Mono-Cliffs so I'll have all week to play it! [​IMG]

12. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pretty much... for everyone saying/that is going to say stuff about games being hard and not playing and whatnot - try to actually think about it.

It depends on it's level of reasoning with difficulty...I mean..in MMOs, it's usually hard to make an item because it takes so much time. For example, to make certain items in Digimon Battle, you need to hunt low-leveled digimon repeatedly hoping for the drops needed. It's not difficult, but it's (VERY) time consuming.
    Basically, things sometimes aren't hard, it's just...the factors make it difficult.
    Another example, in S4 League, killing someone isn't hard, it's just that things make it hard. IE - Lag, Wallshooters, etc.
    Lots of more examples available.

Anyways. game still seems interesting. Hopefully, they haven't rehashed a lot of things. Music from SMG1 was great.

13. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    This may just very well convice me to go out and get a damn Wii.

14. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    Amen, but first I need cash [​IMG]

15. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I recall the first one having a couple of stars near the end of the game that were a complete piss off to get, especially the fire level where you have to roll on the ball through the spinning pipes with holes in them.

16. Bladexdsl

Australia
    not to mention them fucking ball rolling levels, them annoying racing levels with bad controls and fucking waves bouncing you up and down and my personal most hated fav cookie level (fuck i hate it!) [​IMG]

17. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 9.25

God of War 3 = 10

what the crap, you cant trust "Official" magazine reviews as their far too biased and its clear that 3rd party mags are unbalanced as well

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Wow, it only got a super great score that many games could wish to achieve. Let's complain about it!

Seriously, it's one reviewer. Why is this news?

19. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Problem is Wii's don't come cheap here, were looking at 350-400$ USD for a new one.

but so far ive missed out on enough titles, i think its damn worth it now.

20. Bladexdsl

Australia
    wiis are down to $299 AUD here comes with monster hunter tri [​IMG]