[Game] Gaming Industry To Crash Tomorrow!

Which system would you keep?

• Total voters

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its not really going to crash tomorrow, this is just a fun game i thought of.

Story:The gaming industry is going to crash tomorrow. Somehow you have insider knowledge about this, and you decided to keep one system, but which one? And tell us why.

Rules: 1. YOU CAN ONLY KEEP ONE SYSTEM. GOT THAT?
2. Computers/laptops do not count as a gaming system. You cannot use it for gaming or emulation purposes.
3. That said, any sort of modding or flash cards you have are acceptable. So it would likely be a better bet to keep a DS even if you only want to play NES or GB games because you can emulate them with a flash cart. The internet is still available and because the industry has crashed, piracy is running rampant. You can still download your favorite roms and isos to stockpile for later.

What i would do:
There are 3 options i would entertain for this crisis. 3DS, PSP, or Wii.
Im guessing i would stick with my 3DS, because i have a DS2, so i have NES, SNES, GB/C/A games all at my disposal, as well as as the staggering DS library, and a few decent 3DS games.
Just in DS games, i have plenty to keep me busy for years. Pokemon D/P/P, B/W, Conquest, and replay HG and SS if i want. Tons of other RPGs like Radiant Historia, Devil Survivor 1/2, Castlevania titles, Luminous Arc series, and so many more.

What would you do?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how does the industry crashing make my Wii and 360 disappear exactly O:

I'd pick PS3 simply because it has a Tales game (Graces) and Valkyria Chronicles, my favorite game of all time.

My PC would apparently still exist so I could emulate Wii/PS2/GC and down. So i'd just be losing 360 exclusives like Tales of Vesperia.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is running rampant! YAR!
I guess I would keep my Wii because of all the games I have including roms and such.

I was going to say PS3 but it wouldn't matter how much I would be able to pirate after the crash if a lot of newer games don't work.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does the industry crashing make my Wii and 360 disappear exactly O:

I'd pick PS3 simply because it has a Tales game (Graces) and Valkyria Chronicles, my favorite game of all time.

My PC would apparently still exist so I could emulate Wii/PS2/GC and down. So i'd just be losing 360 exclusives like Tales of Vesperia.
PC doesnt count for emulation.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I would go into hiding to keep all my systems!

But if I was forced to keep one, it would be my Wii. It's modded so it can play backed up games and emulators.

yea but you still have PC

so id say 3DS

the good xbox 360 gmaes are on steam/PC
ps3 haz no games
psp vita no games
all other consoles i can emulate

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Easy: my wii. Though I commute quite a bit, I prefer gaming in my bedroom where I can do things like play with music and not having to stop playing when I arrive. As such, my 3DS and PSP have to go. And I have to note that I used these mainly for emulator purposes, so it's not as if I'm missing much (the wii can emulate everything those consoles can. Well, except for Ds, but those games never TRULY grabbed me).

It would be a lot harder if I had to pick between PC gaming and console gaming. I would probably do away with my precious wii in order to play diablo and a few other games (and probably regret it because servers are full, the game crashes or things like that).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to choose a console, I'd probably do my Xbox 360 since it's the only console I use rather regularly.

If PCs are "unaffected" and still are actively gamed on, I'd choose my Vita since I would like a handheld and a console.

But Xbox 360 is my choice.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats why i wanted to keep the PC out of this, I dont want people people using a computer as a backdoor for emulation. I just want to know if you had to pick i singular console/handheld, which one would it be?

Poll added!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats why i wanted to keep the PC out of this, I dont want people people using a computer as a backdoor for emulation. I just want to know if you had to pick i singular console/handheld, which one would it be?

Poll added!

Well I hardly use my PC for emulation anyway so can we just say for all non-emulation stuff? Unless that game is sold via Steam or something.

I mean reason I'd choose PC is because a lot of my friends play it and even though I don't have a "gaming computer" technically I can still play games like TF2 with them if I wanted to (and I do play TF2 on my own occasionally).

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No PC...?

Then I would keep my 3DS cause it is the only thing I have right now that is worth it.

Now if something like Ratchet and Clank 4 or KH3 would be made then I'd switch to my PS3.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'd choose PC because I said so.

I hardly use my PC to emulate anything, mostly cuz I'm too lazy grab my USB controller and map all the characters and set special options if need be and it's just too much of a hassle.

So if I had to pick, I'd pick my PC because it's got most of the games I'd want anyways.

But if I absolutely must pick one console, I'd obviously choose the PS2 because of it's amazing library.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would pick my Wii, simply because of the capability to play SNES/GB/GBC/GBA. Since I've removed the disc drive and installed a hard drive directly inside my Wii, if computers somehow became unavailable I still have a gigantic library inside that little box. Win. Also, since Nintendo's online is a complete and utter joke, the system would continue to work without issue without a net connection too. Bring it on!

Reactions: 2 people

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easily my 3DS. I use it everyday.

Other than that, I have a Wii and a PS3. The PS3 hasn't been played since Uncharted 3 came out, and the Wii doesn't get much use.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I play exclusively on my 360, so yeah, I'd stick with it.

Well, that was easy.
staples-easy-button.jpg

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would pick my Wii, simply because of the capability to play SNES/GB/GBC/GBA. Since I've removed the disc drive and installed a hard drive directly inside my Wii, if computers somehow became unavailable I still have a gigantic library inside that little box. Win. Also, since Nintendo's online is a complete and utter joke, the system would continue to work without issue without a net connection too. Bring it on!
Is uh, there some way i can see a picture of that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s