XP
Country
Gambia, The
E7TOt.jpg
NPIsF.jpg

uPjj2.jpg
Lws5i.jpg

QUOTE said:
In Game Dev Story you'll play the president of a fledgling game development company as you direct your crew of designers, artists, and coders in an effort to create a string of successful video games over a 20 year time period. Beyond just making games, you'll need to grow your own brand name by running a game convention booth, attending awards shows, advertising, and managing an ever-changing fan base. As your company expands, you'll have the opportunity to move into larger offices and hire a bigger team of employees, all of whom can be leveled up and trained (at the expense of higher salaries) so as to create better games. If you really become a big company, and have employees with the right skill sets, you can even create your own console and compete with the well established big boys in the hardware game.

To start off, though, you're just a tiny company with a few employees and a small amount of start-up capital to work with. You can choose to make games for home consoles or PCs, but each console requires you to purchase a license before you can develop games for it. To earn some extra funding for licenses or projects, outside contract work can be accepted. It's not the most exciting work, but it will pay the bills and help you earn enough money to make games of your own. Once you have the money to make a game, you'll choose which platform, genre, and style of game you want to make. Your own employees can be used to create the story, graphics, and sound, or you can source out that work to other professionals for a fee. A number of factors can affect how your game sells, including your fan base, what time of year you release (holiday season is best), and how the media reviews the game.

I can't stop playing this one. A really amazing game, but i hope that there will be more content an gamecenter support in the next update. If you are a videogame fan this is a must try
tongue.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of ironic that all the best iPhone games are ports from other consoles, huh? This is a port of a PC Game, and a very good game at that. Well worth the meagre asking price. I'm hoping we get the Mangaka version as well as Game Dev Story's sequel, soon. I say that because my only real concern with Game Dev Story is that it could do with expanded gameplay mechanics and I think Game Dev Story 2 does expand them by quite a margin.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
I like it, it pretty much makes us unboring most of the time. Although the newbie instructions weren't easy to follow, i'd rate it 5/5
biggrin.gif
Haha the funny thing is that, i only figured out how to make a game when my company was 3 yrs old.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Has anyone made a console yet? I finnished the game 2 times and I haven't found an Engineer.

QUOTEJust use any 1 employee..everytime the salesman comes buy the career change manual 3 times..for example if your employee has a corder status max it up to level 5,after you max you go to action and change that particular employee using the career change manual,change it to writer and max the level up again to level 5.so it goes on for sng eng,director,producer and designer max it up to level 5 just for that employee.after you max all up the hardware engineer status appears..walaa..ready to produce ur first console..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...