game freeze

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Zacarina, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Zacarina
    OP

Zacarina Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    Hi!

Two of my games actually freeze while I'm playing. It's either during a cut scene or a particular place. I'm wondering how do I solve this? Is this due to the game itself or its the DS firmware? I'm using MK5 giga system flash cart.

2. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Copy the game to the card again, should fix it =/

3. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    game freeze rhymes with brain freeze!

Tell us what games. Maybe you have some minor curroption. Copy everything onto your PC and reformat, then copy back
    that is all.

4. Zacarina
    OP

Zacarina Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2007
    How do I actually reformat the cart? I've taken out all the games and Dsystem folder and right click the drive to try and reformat. I think I've something wrong, when i switch it on again, it says "open fat error". How do I fix it to make it work again?? THanks!!

5. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    And this is what happens when people don't give detailed instructions. For future reference, you NEVER use Windows to reformat your N-Card/clone; amongst the things like that that can go wrong there were reports about it affecting saving. There are two ways to format you MK5 thru the DS- Quick and Full. From the FAQ:

"So you should try a quick format by pressing Down+L+R+A+B on starting the DS(more accurately, ehn you start up the MK5).
    If the error is there after the quick format you can try the full (long) format by pressing L+R+Select+START+UP"

I'm hoping this will fix your card; I'm also hoping you actually tried recopying the games first, since that seemed to be the easier and more obvious solution. Now I'm off to find someone to sticky the long-neglected FAQ...