game freeze

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Zacarina, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008

game freeze by Zacarina at 1:45 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Zacarina
    OP

Newcomer Zacarina Newbie

Australia
    Hi!

Two of my games actually freeze while I'm playing. It's either during a cut scene or a particular place. I'm wondering how do I solve this? Is this due to the game itself or its the DS firmware? I'm using MK5 giga system flash cart.

2. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Copy the game to the card again, should fix it =/

3. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    game freeze rhymes with brain freeze!

Tell us what games. Maybe you have some minor curroption. Copy everything onto your PC and reformat, then copy back
    that is all.

4. Zacarina
    OP

Newcomer Zacarina Newbie

Australia
    How do I actually reformat the cart? I've taken out all the games and Dsystem folder and right click the drive to try and reformat. I think I've something wrong, when i switch it on again, it says "open fat error". How do I fix it to make it work again?? THanks!!

5. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    And this is what happens when people don't give detailed instructions. For future reference, you NEVER use Windows to reformat your N-Card/clone; amongst the things like that that can go wrong there were reports about it affecting saving. There are two ways to format you MK5 thru the DS- Quick and Full. From the FAQ:

"So you should try a quick format by pressing Down+L+R+A+B on starting the DS(more accurately, ehn you start up the MK5).
    If the error is there after the quick format you can try the full (long) format by pressing L+R+Select+START+UP"

I'm hoping this will fix your card; I'm also hoping you actually tried recopying the games first, since that seemed to be the easier and more obvious solution. Now I'm off to find someone to sticky the long-neglected FAQ...