Game freeze question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DespizingU, Jun 30, 2008.

1. DespizingU
    OP

DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2007
    United States
    I'm about to transfer all the games from one cart to the R4 for my girlfriend to use. She mentioned that when she was playing Alvin & The Chipmunks on the G6 Real, that the game would freeze from time to time for her. I think I remember trimming the game when I put it on the cart. So maybe that is what is causing the problem.

I know this game isn't the most popular. But to anyone that has played this game on the R4, did you ever experience any freezing? I'm going to put a new clean download of this game, untrimmed, on the R4 just to be safe. But I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced any freezing on the R4 with this game.

Thank you for any info.

2. Curley5959

Curley5959 CCC Member!

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    I havent played it but I think it would be the trimmed version.. Thats what usually makes a game freez.. Or cheats.. Either one!! [​IMG]

3. DespizingU
    OP

DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2007
    United States
    Thanks Curley. I'll throw it on the cart untrimmed.

Another question, does The Incredible Hulk play ok on the R4? I remember when it came out a few carts had a problem with it. And I didn't try it out until the Evo got an update. So does the Hulk need Arm7 fix?

Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, the Hulk gets the Save Data Not Accessed error on boot. So I'm guessing it need an arm7 fix?

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, I found Curly's tutorial in the Hulk release thread on how to patch this game(thank you for the great tut Curly). It's bullshit you gotta do things like this to get a game to run. But oh well.