Game freeze issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ChaosBoi, Dec 11, 2011.

Dec 11, 2011

Game freeze issues by ChaosBoi at 5:22 AM (705 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Okay, so I've been away from the scene for a very long time so I've lost a lot of knowledge about Wii hacking.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest modmii and used it to download the latest cios' and other things with it. After updating my Wii to 4.3 and reinstalling the hacks, any games I load throuh cfg usb loader and wiiflow keeps freezing a few seconds or so into the game. I've even tried different HDDs, as well as different filesystems such as fat32, ntsf and wbsf, but no luck. I also tried diferent ios' as well, but same results :( . They seem to freeze at different times, but usually they never make it pass the entire game's opening video.

Can anyone please help me out?

2. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Did you update cfg loader to the latest version? Try deleting your old files & reinstalling it again .

If that doesn't work then it's probably an ios issue so can you post a syscheck .

3. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    I no longer have internet at home so it would require some time to post a syscheck, but the cfg usb loader came as an additional download on modmii so I'm sure it's the latest.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Tried booting the games with ios 222 or 223 ? If you can't post your syscheck then just read it yourself & tell us what is in your slot 249 & 250 .

5. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Which hdds have you tried? Some WD ones? If yes check out the hdd sleep issue.

6. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    Sorry for the late reply, but I'm now at my brother's house so I should be able to post my syscheck log by tonight hopefully.

Yes, but it still freezes. Though at least it takes like 30 mins to a few hours before it happens, whereas it happens within 10 minutes with any other.

One was WD 40GB, another was Maxtor 60GB, and the last one was Hitachi Travelstar 20GB. They're all IDEs which I connect using an IDE to USB 2.0 converter.

The freezing issues never used to happen before, but it started around the time I installed cios corp v3.5 last year. I tried uninstalling it, but the issues are still there.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. I also tried loading from a 16GB SanDisk microSD SDHC via microSD USB Reader and it still freezes, so I'm pretty sure the HDDs aren't the issue.

EDIT 2: Here's my syscheck report:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  8. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    Which IOS should I install it to?

EDIT: Nevermind. Not much of a difference since it still freezes....