Game Freak Currently Recruiting For New Console Game

Game-freak-logo.jpg

The makers of Pokemon have been pumping out advertisements to build a new team for the development of a new console game described as a, "Globally popular RPG."

Quoted from IGN UK's article on the matter said:
Reported by Siliconera (and corroborated by our own translation), an advert for a 3D CG designer calls for someone to work on "characters, monsters and items" for "a title that everyone knows".

The advert specifically says that this is a console title. while a second job listing (for a character model creator) specifies someone with experience of creating models up to "Wii U / PS Vita-level".

The Pokemon company has already said it would be making games for the New Nintendo Switch, and many speculate their first game could be coming by the end of this year.

The third entry for Sun and Moon exclusively on Switch perhaps? Or something different entirely?

The year just got more interesting for Switch owners.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My point is that ALL remakes are lazy when compared to coming up with something new.
...but we live in an age where it's safest to remake/reboot/sequel/prequel rather than innovate, and no one seems to care :wacko:
no they arent ... some games need actual remakes.

A lazy remake that you are refering is probably what some call an hd remaster, when a remake is well done theres is no denying that it will eclipse the original.
I rest my stand with resident evil remake, that is how you do a remake, also remaking sprite games into full actual 3d graphics games would be amazing, up to this day im still hopping for a metal gear and metal gear 2 msx remakes in full 3d and with more stuff added in.

if they can remake a pokemon game to be atleast on par with the gc releases of colosseum and XD it would be a dream come true, gf always does awful 3d overworld graphics even on sun and moon every human model on the overworld is awfull, and they always get the excuse of the hardware, with the switch they cant make a game look like sun and moon they have to atleast try doing something decent.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no they arent ... some games need actual remakes.

A lazy remake that you are refering is probably what some call an hd remaster, when a remake is well done theres is no denying that it will eclipse the original.
I rest my stand with resident evil remake, that is how you do a remake, also remaking sprite games into full actual 3d graphics games would be amazing, up to this day im still hopping for a metal gear and metal gear 2 msx remakes in full 3d and with more stuff added in.

if they can remake a pokemon game to be atleast on par with the gc releases of colosseum and XD it would be a dream come true, gf always does awful 3d overworld graphics even on sun and moon every human model on the overworld is awfull, and they always get the excuse of the hardware, with the switch they cant make a game look like sun and moon they have to atleast try doing something decent.

The only games that need remakes are the ones that were made poorly originally - ironically, these are the games that will never get remakes because of how the originals were perceived. Good games stand the test of time and do not need to be remade. When they are remade they rarely (arguably, if ever) 'eclipse the original', they just act as a way for more recent fans of a franchise to play older titles on newer hardware - true fans will still revisit the original versions.
In this respect, I prefer HD remasters to remakes as they retain the original experience without diluting it with additional/unnecessary content or game mechanics.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that ALL remakes are lazy when compared to coming up with something new.
...but we live in an age where it's safest to remake/reboot/sequel/prequel rather than innovate, and no one seems to care :wacko:
You really miss the point. A remake is reimaging a old game and make everything new conserving what makes it still old. It can be innovate if it's done right, and at least for me Game Freak do this really well.
Oh, and also you know a sequel/prequel is not bad at all when we are talking about a hole story that needs to continue, right? It can even be necesary.
In other hand, I think remasters really are bad. Maybe you're thinking about them when you say all of this? You see I know all of this depends on the person, but I can't see why a remake or a sequel can be bad at all.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying they're universally bad, just that it's 'safe', and I'd personally prefer to see more chances taken with new IP's (or at least existing IP's being taken in different directions) than the guaranteed cash-grab that the majority of remakes are.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying they're universally bad, just that it's 'safe', and I'd personally prefer to see more chances taken with new IP's (or at least existing IP's being taken in different directions) than the guaranteed cash-grab that the majority of remakes are.
Well that's your opinion! I don't think like you, but I think it's respectable. Just as ours.

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about this the other day, gamefreak making a modern console title 3D pokemon mainline game. It would be a huge leap from the top down perspective but I believe they could pull it off. A huge undertaking though. It wouldbe cool if it had graphics like ratchet and clank only in the pokemon universe.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well it definitely is a Pokemon game that's for sure. I mean Game Freak more or less only make Pokemon games. Then again, Nintendo is majority shareholder so it makes sense I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn