Game Freak claims it is not reusing Pokemon models in Sword/Shield

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 15, 2019.

1. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    So... Do we still want to bring National Dex back or we just want to sink Sword and Shield along with Game Freak so no one can ever enjoy Pokemon anymore?

Agusto101 likes this.
  2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Gamefreak isn't being entirely specific about the situation.

Will there be less Pokemon due to the game not having transfer support,which would limit you to the Pokemon you can catch and breed in the region?

Or are they saying that sword and shield will have missing Pokemon in the game files? The only way we will know that for sure is when someone data mines the game.

What I'm going to assume is that the diamond and pearl remakes will add in more missing Pokemon later on,then allow you to transfer what you have from sword and shield.Either they are doing what they did in gen 3,you would still be able to gen the missing Pokemon but then they wouldn't be legal to use online,or they are actually cutting Pokemon in the data files.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Jul 17, 2019
  3. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    It's a fact that we aren't getting all the Pokemon, technical reasons notwithstanding. I can in fact have the opinion that it's disappointing that we're not getting every Pokemon, because that is disappointing to most Pokemon fans.

Corporations are known to lie, especially when there's a PR shitstorm brewing. No offense, but taking anything a corporation says as truth is foolish.

The National Dex, obviously. Regardless of this model shitshow being used as an excuse, the lack of all Pokemon is the issue on the hotseat here, not the models.

You keep wishing there, buddy. That's not happening anytime soon.

If someone is that hung up on it, I'd say they have worse problems than just Pokemon and should probably seek out a psychiatrist. They might have a psychological disorder and need some medication for it.

The internet is however, a very good place to bitch and moan about literally everything, so I doubt there are very many people that are that deep into despair from this.

Last edited by chaoskagami, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2018
    Guatemala
    Guatemala
    And this thread with no sense are going to keep days and days, and in what are going to reach ? Exactly nothing , so stupid keep going and dont forget to buy sword and shield when it's out hahaha.

IncredulousP likes this.
  5. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    So why contribute to nothing? Seems to me you have a issue. And I think a lot of us who are pissed are going to either pirate the game or not buy it at all.

rob4 and Agusto101 like this.
  6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Sword and Shield won't include models for the Pokemon not found in the Galar region, so getting them is impossible without a game update that adds them. So far, we have no idea if that's going to happen.

I was going to buy this game, but now I'm probably going to pirate it. The last Pokemon game I paid for was Y. Nothing else seemed worth the money.

7. Agusto101

Jul 9, 2018
    Guatemala
    Guatemala
    The issue here it that this is so annoying and it dont goes to nothing , do you understand or not?.

8. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I don't find it annoying. Annoying is subjective, not objective. And so this is your problem. If you find it annoying why don't you go respond to something else? I don't go watch youtube video's I don't like and then say I find them annoying in the comments.

GbaNober, MushGuy and Agusto101 like this.
  9. Agusto101

Jul 9, 2018
    Guatemala
    Guatemala
    Pfff...yeah yeah keep replying 1000 times.

10. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Bullshit() method usage

Calling Bullshit():
    Code:
    this.article.Bullshit()

Dartz150 and Agusto101 like this.
  11. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    My mind has already accepted this as a "reboot" of sorts. As long as I can bring my old pokemon over eventually, this one game isn't a deal breaker for me. I mean, imagine if the original pokemon game had 800+ monsters to try and catch.

...No wait, that'd have been pretty awesome. Nevermind, gamefreak is crazy. Just add the national dex as DLC or something, or release it in the third game.

RedBlueGreen and Memoir like this.
  12. monkeyman4412

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    So why are you here again? I mean you know there are other threads right?

Agusto101 and MushGuy like this.
  13. rob4

rob4 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2012
    Argentina
    So if you think that people opinions are annoying why are you in forums and social spaces?

Agusto101 and MushGuy like this.
  14. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I'd hope that the national dex is coming at some point. I can see why it's an issue for people. I just can't see the reasoning for the tantrums, though.

15. Agusto101

Jul 9, 2018
    Guatemala
    Guatemala
    Trying to change their minds but I see that's impossible haha .

16. IncredulousP

IncredulousP GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    I wish I cared as much as this thread about something as innocuous as a videogame.

17. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Not at all. The models in Let's Go were all from X and Y.
    They could easily add them through updates. I don't think they will though because that's extra work.