Hacking Game Engine?

darkmoses1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which game engine can i use for homebrewed games on my wii u?
I dont wanna pay money for any license because i dont wanna sold the games
2D engines or 3D engines are ok :)

D

Deleted User

No such thing exists, and probably won't ever exist, since home-made homebrew game engines for consoles in the past have proven to be either bad, or very fiddly to play with (no offence to the developers who worked on those engines).

You're only option for now is the option that you don't want to do, which is getting a proprietry license and an account over at https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com
You have a choice over 3 game engines from there - Unity for Wii U (makes 3D and 2D games), Nintendo Web Framework (I'm not too sure about this one), or Construct 2 for Wii U (Makes 2D games only).

Sorry for this inconvenience, however, be aware that the Wii U homebrew scene is still pretty much in its infancy, and will probably stay like that until an IOSU exploit shows up. (Where we can gain almost full access to the Wii U to make better, cutting-edge homebrew)

darkmoses1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I made 2 platformers with construct 2
And one driving game in unity but only for pc
I saw a cracked version of unity where i can compile games for wii u
Do u think it will work on loadiine or what do u think how can i run these games

D

Deleted User

I saw a cracked version of unity where i can compile games for wii u
Unless I've been living under a rock in the past few days, I don't think you will be finding any cracked or leaked versions of Unity for Wii U on the net, lol :P

Do u think it will work on loadiine or what do u think how can i run these games
I am currently developing all my games in Unity for Wii U at the moment, and I can safely say that the unpackaged master builds that it spits out completely work through the latest Loadiine GX2 builds.

D

Deleted User

Why dont u crack the version and share it with us?
Absolutely not. That software is highly confidential and under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), therefore I will be in massive trouble with Nintendo if I did something like that. Sorry dude... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do feel free to sign yourself up to the wiiu-developers site if you desperately want it though...

Finally, it can't be 'cracked'. Nintendo and Unity supply a seperate installer for the Wii U exporter plugin, and the license to activate the plugins and features can be used by everyone.

darkmoses1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I saw that Sony isn't fair enough to really support devs from europe
Can i get the license for free if i'm from Europe?

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

I saw that Sony isn't fair enough to really support devs from europe
Can i get the license for free if i'm from Europe?
You can't just sign up to the big companies and expect them to just instantly give you access, you have to be really experienced in game design and prepared with previous projects for PC, iOS, Android, etc.
They will want to see proof that your aren't someone who looks shady and random, and willing to steal/leak their tools and SDKs. Not that I am accusing you of wanting to do that; I am pretty sure you will not do that, lol.

By the way, I just looked on Sony's developer sign-up site and it looks as if they do have European support through SCE Europe. But I'm not really too sure how it works, and it's off-topic anyway.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Be aware that if you do sign up with Nintendo you will be under a NDA, and you can not just share anything you make with the official tools. One of the reasons I ended up not signing up.

You can't just sign up to the big companies and expect them to just instantly give you access, you have to be really experienced in game design and prepared with previous projects for PC, iOS, Android, etc.
They will want to see proof that your aren't someone who looks shady and random, and willing to steal/leak their tools and SDKs. Not that I am accusing you of wanting to do that; I am pretty sure you will not do that, lol.

By the way, I just looked on Sony's developer sign-up site and it looks as if they do have European support through SCE Europe. But I'm not really too sure how it works, and it's off-topic anyway.
Everyone that owns an Xbox One can become a developer easy as hell if they want to. They released an app that lets you turn your retail unit into a devkit. I can develop app easily on the Xbox, but it's more challenging to do it on the Wii U.

Last edited by brienj,

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
A couple of months is really boring :(
There is now way to code it in python with or without pygame right?
Some work was done back in the Wii days to port python to Wii with the intent of helping Wii games, however this would have to ported to Wii U, as well as capable of running pygame.

If you are not afraid of learning/using some C/C++, you can use the github code I linked in my last post to develop right now without a license.

Last edited by vgmoose,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Construct 2 for Wii U
Wait, Construct 2 supports Wii U?!
Bloody Hell, that's the only thing I can even work with, but to get the Wii U plugin, I have to be a developer, and they already refused me once. There's no way they'll let me get my hands on it! :cry:

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,
I maintain my own 3D game engine, What's the current state of tools available to homebrew programmers ?
Can I port my renderer over to the WiiU? Do we have toolchains (compilers and libs) to interface with the hardware yet and so on?

Last edited by vingt-2,

darkmoses1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We really need the wiiu plugin haha^^
Construct 2 is really user friendly and easy its perfect for wii u platformers etc.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I maintain my own 3D game engine, What's the current state of tools available to homebrew programmers ?
Can I port my renderer over to the WiiU ?
You could, not saying it would be easy, but you could. Look at the source code of Homebrew Launcher and Loadiine, those are a great place to look on how to do it. Look at the source code of Space Game for an example of how to create an app for the Homebrew Launcher.

Reactions: darkmoses1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/