Hacking Game dumper by team FreeK

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for yifan_lu response about the last game dumped and that wololo news, since you know, he/she is so against piracy and that he/she even closed source his work (well, is his/her work, he/she can do whatever he wants to with it...)

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that if there's no privacy on the Vita all those online exclusive there all gonna be lost.

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I see it. They were able to automate, to a certain extent, the system app trickery used to dump games currently. Pretty obvious when it says "Installing app.db modifications". Even if this is just a game-dumper without any eboot decryption, I would be happy. Manually modifying app.db for dumping is pretty annoying. However, if this is simply a fake, it's a pretty elaborate one. Gotta give them that.

John V. North

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Seems legit. Interesting how much it'll take them to release this.

However, the interesting part is if any information about the owner remains in a dump, which might bring Sony's banhammer on your ass.

Last edited by John V. North,
Reactions: Zeroba

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP

And so, it begins! :yay:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by Deleted member 333767, , Reason: Added screenshot

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
but will they release? Yeah it's "real" and all that, but that's nothing if they won't share their methods and/or tools. I know it's up to them 'cause it's theirs and they don't have any obligation to the scene.
He says at the end "as for a release date, stay tuned". Which just seems like a slightly more verbose way of saying 'soon®'.

Reactions: Tizm

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He installed the game on top of an official already installed copy of the same game. It writes to app.db, that's why you see the icon move from where it was in the beginning in the last part of the video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.