Hacking GAME.DAT in Endless Ocean / Endless Ocean 2

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/DATA/BGM/(in-game music in brstm format)
/DATA/Game.DAT (700 MB)
/DATA/Info.DAT (150 KB)
/DATA/Opening.bnr

Viewing Game.DAT with a hex editor reveals what most people would assume - all game-related content is present in GAME.DAT. There's references to .mdl files, /spot/whatever.arc, and so on, but that's all part of Game.DAT. I also found remnants of a debug menu: "ROMver - 6/7 (Fri) I'm so busy, my eyes are spinning, Useful debug functions. Adjust game progression. Advance 13% (After gaining partner)?..." - That poor coder must have been working very hard
smile.gif

The Wii is able to handle this file. Does anybody know how I might extract it? I already tried extracting with 7-zip, and as expected it didn't work. I've been wondering if I could extract / decrypt it for a while, and I came to the conclusion long ago that it just wasn't possible.

I've heard that Dolphin shows currently loaded files when playing a game, or something to that effect. I don't think that would help here, because it would just show it's reading from Game.DAT. I don't think SNEEK+DI would help either, but I've never used that either so I can't know for sure.

For example, Info.DAT in a hex editor starts with this:
*ARK_CRV001_DATA

Game.dat starts with this:
RF2MD2
album.vdl
album00.tdl
album.mol

I'm not very optimistic, but any help would be appreciated.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably already tried this, but just in case.

Examining the header information can sometimes give you an idea on what type of file/archive format you're working with.

For example, opening a PNG file in a hex editor shows, "89 50 4E 47" which is ".PNG" In ASCII

Similarly, for a rar file, the header shows, "52 61 72 21" or "Rar!" in ASCII

Perhaps this format has a header with information you can look up and find a tool to manage.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*ARK_CRV001_DATA

or

RF2MD2

It's possibly one of the .arc / .ark file types. It's not Freearc, but I don't have a Linux install, so I can't test the other formats.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
*ARK_CRV001_DATA

or

RF2MD2

It's possibly one of the .arc / .ark file types. It's not Freearc, but I don't have a Linux install, so I can't test the other formats.

Hmm.. I'm in Linux and have the games in question. If you could direct me to a tool I might be able to find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1