Game Cube games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Litrydow, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Litrydow
    OP

Litrydow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Brazil
    I just bought a Game Cube controller and memory card [​IMG] , and now I'm trying to download my first game for it: Tales of Symphonia.

But I ran into 2 problems. [​IMG]

1 - I have a terrible modchip I barely use, since now I use Gamma Loader, but I can't remove it. I don't even know which one it is. I guess it's the first model of Wiinja or something like that...
    So I went on Google looking for the Game Cube Launcher, and found out it doesn't work when the console has a modchip. [​IMG]

What program should I use instead? And will this other program work with the second problem down there?

2 - Tales of Symphonia is divided into 2 discs. Can't I merge them into 1? Come on, spending 2 DVDs? [​IMG]

So... I'd be thankful if anyone could help me out with that. [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    You'll need to use the Gamecube Back-up Loader.

http://sharebee.com/fdba921d

You can merge two discs on to one (or more depending on size) with the GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F but it varies with games. There is a compaitiblity chart that should tell you if you can.

3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
  4. Litrydow
    OP

Litrydow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Thanks, guys. I'll try it.

5. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    It does.

6. Litrydow
    OP

Litrydow Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Well, people. Thanks. It worked. Completing the story, here's what happened:

Multigame ISO Creator didn't work for unknown reason. I just got a generic error. But then GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F worked fine.

So I installed cMIOS v8 through a WAD, which worked fine. Then I tried running the game on GC Backup Loader... and got a strange error. Then I went to the Disc Channel and but it worked there. Maybe my modchip did it? I don't know.

Anyways, thank you all. [​IMG]

7. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Maybe you didn't install .NET framework 2.0

But I'm happy you got it to work [​IMG]

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Sorry, I'll hijack your thread, but it's related to my problem [​IMG]

I tried with the same game, I put the 2 iso on 1 DVD -> iso created OK
    Installed cMIOS from gamecube backup launcher 0.2
    runs GC B Launcher 0.2, but instead of the multi-game list I get this error, and the game runs normally (because I have a modchip)
    Code:
    failed to read DVD 263
    error 53100 ready
    sometime, instead of "ready", I got "2062800 disc Change", or "disc ID not Ready". (edit : I just got an exception dump with legit zelda master quest)

Does Symphonia need to swap the discs in-game, or does it have a "save at the end of disc1, insert disc2 and reload the save" ?

I have a modchip, but running the main GCOS multi game menu doesn't allow me to swap multi-disc games on a multi-iso disc. So I'm trying to use GC launcher, as you can select disc 2 with Z before running disc 1, then eject/reinsert to swap the disc in-game.

I have a Wiikey1, 1.9s, with GC audiofix ON
    I'm on 3.2E, no CIOSCORP, no prelaoder
    IOS249 rev14 (tested on rev17 too)

I tried with cMIOS4,5 and 8, with and without disc channel mod.

with the cMIOS installed : the GBL screen jump (as if switching video mode), then I get the error instead of the game list, then the GBL seems to hang and quit, but the GCOS main.dol is launched because I have a modchip (I think)
    If I don't use a cMIOS, I don't have the error printed on screen nor does it try to load the game list, but the launcher seems to hang and quit, but as I have a modchip the disc boot GCOS main.dol

I tested every discs I have (copied or legit), all of them give me the same error code. (some legit game doesn't work at all, like zelda master quest : it boots and display "an error has occurred, please switch off etc.")

I reported my error on the GC b Launcher thread already, but never got an answer.
    Do you know what's the problem ?
    could it be the wiikey ?

I'm thinking it can be the Wiikey because :
    GBL + legit game -> run main.dol
    GBL + multiiso disc -> show game selection
    GBL + multiiso disc + Wiikey -> Wiikey let GBL think the game is legit, so it runs the main.dol instead of showing the menu ?

I run the wiikey config disc, but there is no "disable GC disc", nor "disable Wiikey" mode

9. carbonyle

carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2009
    Swaziland
    Switzerland
    @cyan: dunno for Tales of Synphonia, but for me it was tricky to run "Metal Gear Solid" (another 2 DVD NGC game) from my softmoded Wii.
    Using cMIOSrev3 (Waninkoko) and latest wiigators GC launcher, using "B" button it works, all the others cMIOS/loader/"hooks" combinations didn't work for me (don't remember if it was PAL, but it was probably NTSC coz it seems they are more "difficult" to run.

EDIT : my post maybe doesn't makes sens but I was trying to tell is: use 2 DVD, it's cheap (and we don't have anymore to burn wii games) and 2 DVD games always says: please insert DVD2, so you'll have to "swap" anyway

10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yeah, I know I'll still have to swap.
    The 2 different discs is the option I'm currently using,
    but I would like to have a working GC backup Launcher too (there no explanation why it's currently not working, I want to understand why (for me first, and for helping other people later)).$

Edit : I'll try cMIOSv3 then.

Edit :
    installed cMIOS rev3 (from Waninkoko) + Wiigator GCBlauncher 0.2 : Same "error 53100 ready", booting GCOS main.dol menu.
    I can't "push B" because there's no menu at all. the launcher is reporting an error, and hang (but as I'm having a modchip the game still run)

Installed cIOS249 rev17 : same (as I thought, only MIOS is used by the launcher)

edit 2 :
    in fact, as my wii has sometime problems reading the disc (lens cleaning needed ?) and I can only eject and reinsert, if I do it would hang because it will think I swapped the discs
    But that's only my own problem. I Still want to understand what is the 53100 error, so I can help other users when they encounter it. (I already read other member has this same error)