Game corruption with wbfs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by misteromar, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009

Game corruption with wbfs? by misteromar at 6:44 AM (1,096 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. misteromar
    OP

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Is it it still true that deleting a game and then adding other games will cause corruption of games? or is this a old problem?

Am I safe to remove and add games, if Im using usb loader 1.5 and WBFS Manager 3.0 by Alexdp?

2. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    So far, I only add and delete via WBFS manager and not from the different loaders. So far 0 defects.

3. herculean1982

Newcomer herculean1982 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i've had no trouble adding/removing games with a combination of configurable usb loader and wbfs manager 3.0.1 [​IMG]

4. misteromar
    OP

Australia
    Cheers for the response guys, I just wanted to be sure because I have backed-up 30+ games from my Wii collection with usb loader 1.5 and put a few on through wbfs manager. I put the US version of The Conduit on my HD but when its gets a PAL release I intent to buy it and replace the US version with the PAL version.

5. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well your save wont stay.. each regions save is saved differently b/c of the game's 4 letter ID, so your usa save will not show up on your pal version, it will ask u to create a 1st time save..

6. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, you're safe as long as you use relatively current versions of any loader or WBFS Manager. The delete bug hasn't been an issue in ages.

7. misteromar
    OP

Australia
    @GolfDude

Yeah I know about the games, not fussed, at least I can change my name from the default Mr Ford.

@imapterodactyl

Thanks for the confirmation, I had a feeling it was the case anymore. But I wasn't sure how old the info I was reading was or find a definite answer.