ROM Hack Game Contact AP

Mr. Skies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I recently came upon this game called Contact for the DS. Seems like an interesting game, however, it has a type of AP wherein as soon as it enters the first animation it enters an infinite loop.
Now, I know people are going to ask me to use the search function but- Try and search for "contact" with the search function and tell me if you have any luck, do you have any idea how much the word "contact" shows up? Hence why I ask of people who might know more.
Thanks in advance.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
It is annoying when something you need to look up is a very common name. I thought this thread might have been talking about...the metal contacts on the DS cart or something. But, no, I don't know what the problem is, and I haven't tried the game, but like TPO said, you should tell us what cart you have.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Contact is a quite famous Atlus game.

Since it's quite old, I don't think that it has any AP (US #0615, JAP #0374)

I've played only 2 hours some time ago with Akaio without any problems.

I'd follow Rydian's advice and try another ROM.

Mr. Skies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, just checked and unless I somehow screwed up checking, it IS a clean rom. Program says "Cart Size" is ok, "Logo Code" is ok, "Header CRC" is ok and mentions that the "Secure CRC" is Decrypted...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
There are three ROMs of Contact DS: EUR, US & JAP.

You have to test that.

It's a good game, it's worth the effort.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Contact (E)(FireX) #0841
blush.gif

Mr. Skies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm a moron. Okay, story-time, kids!
I've met a fair few games before with APs that set into infinite loop of static animations, like CT's warp. So I see the beginning of this game, doctor typing at the PC... Forever. I am entirely sure there is an AP here, start searching the web, eventually ask here, try about 12 different sources.
When i'm trying the JP version I get frustrated and jab my finger at the screen, and I hear the cat meow. I stop a moment, think... And prod the doctor, and he reacts! Argh, there was no friggen AP here, I was just an idiot ~_~
Points for the game for that, though

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mr. Skies said:
I'm a moron. Okay, story-time, kids!
I've met a fair few games before with APs that set into infinite loop of static animations, like CT's warp. So I see the beginning of this game, doctor typing at the PC... Forever. I am entirely sure there is an AP here, start searching the web, eventually ask here, try about 12 different sources.
When i'm trying the JP version I get frustrated and jab my finger at the screen, and I hear the cat meow. I stop a moment, think... And prod the doctor, and he reacts! Argh, there was no friggen AP here, I was just an idiot ~_~
Points for the game for that, though

It was just like me when I got stumped on LoZ:Phantom Hourglass where it said you had to transfer the stamp onto the map. It made me click each pixel of the DSLite touch screen. No dice. Finally I gave up and closed the DS. Luckily I reopened it before I turned it off. So yeah. It transferred.

(Not much an AP. More of a following instructions fail)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans