Hardware game constantly reads the disc

pr3st00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just bought the wii ben 10 game for my son, and I notice something: it keeps reading the disc the whole time, even when there is no action going on (when I pause the game it stops reading, of course).

Is this normal to have a so disc-intensive game? Mario galaxy and other games I have doesn't work that way, they only load at regular times.

Tks,

pr3st00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Usually the game will loads at regular times (when you see the Loading message on the screen) and not constantly like this one.. I know that this will not damage anything, and that lasers and other dvd mechanisms are built to work all the time... I was just wondering if that is something caused by my modchip (d2ckey), or if the game is really this way.

Hope this makes sense,

Tks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, some games just stream allmost constantly. This especially is the case for games with big worlds you can explore. Like Metroid Prime 3 for example, Harry Potter & order of the Phoenix.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
MySims is so badly written. It always freezes too...for a split second every now and then...

And what's the the '97' version number in boot.bin for that game, that's odd?!?!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...