Game console disc drive preference.

How do you like your system disc to work?

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the years we had various game consoles that had different ways to insert the disc, PSX had open lid by button, ps2 had disc tray that slides out with button, PS3 and ps4 had suction that just putting the disc close enough will auto inhale the disc into place. While all of them is unique i prefer the open lid simply cause i can get the disc out without needing to power on the console which i always found important. Simply cause when ps3 problems of the cursed yellow light error, and you can't get the disc out normal way, you had a game stuck into the system. :glare:

Another time my wii had somehow broke is eject button and my super smash bros brawl disc was stuck in there, so at the time i had only to play that game, until i came across homebrew that i can install and found a eject disc app and got it out. Lucky me. ^_^

So what is the prefered way you like your disc drive to function? I think there should always be a way to eject disc without needing to power on the console. I dunno if every console does have emergency disc eject but it should.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Lid, putting the disc on the spindle directly reduces chances of failure from stuff like trays and all the parts inside a loader one like the current game consoles have now.
Disc swapping can be done with Open Lid also, PS1,PS2 Slim, and PS3 (the Super Slim model) can swap PS1 games hot (PS3 can wait until disc stops spinning while on XMB then swap to prevent any damage)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE