Gaming Game boy micro won't charge

tan-tan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a Famicom GBM for a couple years now, but all of a sudden it doesn't want to charge properly.
I think there might be a short in the charging cord somewhere, but i'm not sure. Sometimes i can get the charging light on, but even if i do,
i can leave it for hours and it never finishes charging, and is still dying when i test it.

I don't know if i need a new charger, a new battery, or in the worst case scenario, a new micro (nooooooo).

Can anybody help me?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nintendo of America sells new GBM chargers online. That's what I would do first. It's entirely believable you shorted the cord by wrapping it around the AC plug.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the GMB turn on at all, even for a second? I had a similar issue but it was a mix of the old battery in mine (Was second hand from Amazon) and the dodgy chinese charger that I got sent with it. I replaced both of these and I have had no problems since. Batteries are cheap enough on e-bay, but the cables are bit harder to find.. Can't even find USB chargers easily anymore :(

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the same problem on one of my GBMs. The LEDs light up blue and stay on when the charger is plugged in but the battery doesn't charge. I leave it plugged in all night and the battery level stays the same. The battery and charger work properly on my other GBMs.

I haven't bothered to try to track down the source of the problem. I did notice that the port on the GBM was a bit mangled. Maybe the pins in the jack aren't making good contact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more