Hardware Game boy micro = my new mp3 player

edged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

My iPod is broken and I need a mp3 player. So I thought of buying a Game boy micro with some kind of flashcard, and use it as a MP3 player. Buit the problem is, I can't seem to find any software for it.
- Is moonshell only for NDS? If yes, what other good mp3 homebrews is there?
- And does moonshell work with all flashcards?
- I was thinking of buying EZ Flash 4. And will this flashcard work with any mp3 software for GBA?

Thanks

edged

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a gb micro, they look so cool. And i wanna be able to play gba games too. That's why... And this mp3 solution is way cheaper than a real mp3 player..

anyone can help me ?

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thought when I bought my DSL. Nintendo gaming + music = awesome! But things didnt turn out the way I wanted. I haven't touched the MP3 function on my G6 Lite for a while now. Mainly because:

1) inconvenient

2) music quality

3) little storage space.

So yeah, go get an actual MP3 player, they're much better.

P.S. Check out the iriver Clix MP3 player, they're awesome!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the price of a GBM and then flashcard AND a card you could get a cheap GBA & a pretty decent MP3 player, but hey each to their own I guess.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Play-yan + GBM works really well.

I second this!

Me too
happy.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Gameboy micro only plays music in mono. If your that desperate to listen to music you can get 1gb mp3 players for next to nothing now and the music is great quality.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Gameboy micro only plays music in mono. If your that desperate to listen to music you can get 1gb mp3 players for next to nothing now and the music is great quality.
Um, you get stereo with earphones.
huh.gif

And the PlayYan Micro has a stereo earphone jack as well.

You didn't really think he was going to listen to music on that tiny squeaker on the GBM?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You have to convert your mp3s to some weird file format, and you can only have 32 megs of music at a time, because it compiles the music into a ROM that has to be run from a flashcard.

The PlayYan Micro plays mp3s, no conversion, and lets you use memory cards up to 2 GB.

Even the GBAMP CF/SD is better than GSM player. It supports memory cards up to 32 GB
happy.gif

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have GB Micro plus SC SD Mini. It is cool stuff. In my opinion you should rather but some good mp3player. I have already got iRiver T10 512 MB form USA (MTP with firmware 1.22), updated it to ver. 1.70 and changed to UMS - it is cool pen drive now with radio, mp3 player and voice recording. I dare say iRiver rocks.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have already got iRiver T10 512 MB form USA (MTP with firmware 1.22), updated it to ver. 1.70 and changed to UMS - it is cool pen drive now with radio, mp3 player and voice recording. I dare say iRiver rocks.
I have an iRiver T10 1GB. iRiver does, indeed, rock
grog.gif

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I would say just get a mp3 player theyre cheap..can I say 9.99 after reabate for a 1GB..yeah, yeah I can..
biggrin.gif

They have cheap plastic, but the sound quailty is GREAT. No reason to get some expesnive iPod.

1 GB MP3..9.99 After Rebate

But if you want games and music on one, I would suggest the DS lite with EZ4 Deluxe and moonshell, it sounds just as great as a high end mp3 player.
It takes up space though that you could be using for games, thats why I have a seperate mp3 player.

Edit: I have this.. My mp3 player its cheap but its quailty is great, that all I care about. It was cheaper when I bought it at 19.99.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
word to your mother; you should just get a shitty mp3 player for $50 and then get a micro & cart to play games with seperately. it's not very conveniant to store your mp3's in your micro & then you run out of space for games & crap like that.

Mlacks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to convert your mp3s to some weird file format, and you can only have 32 megs of music at a time, because it compiles the music into a ROM that has to be run from a flashcard.

The PlayYan Micro plays mp3s, no conversion, and lets you use memory cards up to 2 GB.

Even the GBAMP CF/SD is better than GSM player. It supports memory cards up to 32 GBÂ
happy.gif
WAV is'nt some weird format, although finding a free converter was alot of work.
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse