Hacking Game Boy Advance Ambassador Games in Gateway Mode

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can people on here actually READ what was asked BEFORE commenting? He asked if he formatted his system can he still get the games back. YES HE CAN since the downloads are tied to the serial number. He'd have to download them from eShop or if he has them backed up to an SD card.
there is no way to get them back after a system nand format again, keeping it on 4.5 FW?
keeping it on 4.5 FW?

I don't think just having them backed up to an SD card is enough as the NAND will forget that they were installed at some point, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take back what I said about the Ambassador games. I wasn't aware that they are specific to the early adopters. I thought it was just a fancy name for VC titles, come to find out they aren't for sale, nor are any other GBA games. Now I want them...

Can anyone transfer Ambassador credentials to an XL or did Nintendo make an exception?

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
I take back what I said about the Ambassador games. I wasn't aware that they are specific to the early adopters. I thought it was just a fancy name for VC titles, come to find out they aren't for sale, nor are any other GBA games. Now I want them...

Can anyone transfer Ambassador credentials to an XL or did Nintendo make an exception?

Yes you can. The games and the Certificate are transferable to your new system. So, if you had an ambassador unit like me and bought an XL, you can transfer them.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that mean they are available on the old system as well or are they deleted once you sign in again? I ask in case I wanted to buy one second hand and the seller had already transferred to a new system. I assume Nintendo wouldn't let that happen, requiring both systems to be online during the transfer or something like that.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would that mean they are available on the old system as well or are they deleted once you sign in again? I ask in case I wanted to buy one second hand and the seller had already transferred to a new system. I assume Nintendo wouldn't let that happen, requiring both systems to be online during the transfer or something like that.

No. If you transfer them, they are gone.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol