OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
I got my Ambassador games on my Gateway system and I noticed something peculiar. The Game Boy Advance games do not work. At all. When I try and play them on the EmuNAND, they freeze up at the black screen. When I play them on the actual NAND (4.5), I get told that I have to download them from the eShop again. The NES seems to work fine.

Anyone else have this issue or just me?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must be you.

You cannot play the GBA games with the emunand. Don't know why you need to redownload the GBA games from the eShop, I don;t have to. I'm using 4.1 btw. You did make a backup of your SD card before you formatted it with the emunand? Did you copy the files back to the SD card after the emunand format?

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me explain further.

I got Nintendo to put my Ambassador games on my 3DS XL. I downloaded them in the eShop this morning on the EmuNAND. When I try to play those GBA games on my regular NAND (4.5), it says that it needs to be re-downloaded from the eShop. Maybe it ties the download to the EmuNAND only?

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Let me explain further.

I got Nintendo to put my Ambassador games on my 3DS XL. I downloaded them in the eShop this morning on the EmuNAND. When I try to play those GBA games on my regular NAND (4.5), it says that it needs to be re-downloaded from the eShop. Maybe it ties the download to the EmuNAND only?

if you download things from e-shop via emuNAND, you can only run them via emuNAND

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
You can ask Gateway to make emuNAND compatible with DS mode related stuff.

I don't think that would be possible. It needs to exploit the DS profile to work. I see it more happening in a custom firmware as it would be permanently installed unlike Gateway which requires an exploit to work.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think that would be possible. It needs to exploit the DS profile to work. I see it more happening in a custom firmware as it would be permanently installed unlike Gateway which requires an exploit to work.

Did you checked the DS profile on emuNAND on the first beta? Have you checked it again on the second beta? They fixed it and now it's possible to see your DS name on emuNAND, so I think a solution for DS games is not impossible.

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you checked the DS profile on emuNAND on the first beta? Have you checked it again on the second beta? They fixed it and now it's possible to see your DS name on emuNAND, so I think a solution for DS games is not impossible.

I didn't check either time. Usually because when you go to the system settings, you end up back in the real NAND.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
I shot GW an email about it a few days ago. I'd email them about it aswell so they know it's just not one person who wants AGB_FIRM (gba mode) and TWL_FIRM (ds mode) support.

Edit: They could also probably find a way to write eShop tickets to realNAND since that would benefit far more than just gba/ds mode support.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I shot GW an email about it a few days ago. I'd email them about it aswell so they know it's just not one person who wants AGB_FIRM (gba mode) and TWL_FIRM (ds mode) support.

You could tell them that a lot of GBATemp members want this feature, but we respect their email sales and won't spam them asking for the same thing over and over :)

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I format my system nand, I will lose access to the Ambassador games that are on the SD card?

I take it there is no way to get them back after a system nand format again, keeping it on 4.5 FW?

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA games run quite nice on a 55" Samsung via VBA as well, but I prefer to avoid emulation whenever possible.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is. The downloads are tied to your serial number.
No, there isn't. They don't work in emuNAND, only in realNAND, and you would have to update that to get them back. The only way to get them back is when they start working in emuNAND or Gateway becomes compatible with the latest version of the real NAND (which is unlikely).

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
No, there isn't. They don't work in emuNAND, only in realNAND, and you would have to update that to get them back. The only way to get them back is when they start working in emuNAND or Gateway becomes compatible with the latest version of the real NAND (which is unlikely).

Can people on here actually READ what was asked BEFORE commenting? He asked if he formatted his system can he still get the games back. YES HE CAN since the downloads are tied to the serial number. He'd have to download them from eShop or if he has them backed up to an SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s