game black screen DRE

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by YourNameHere004, Jun 5, 2007.

Jun 5, 2007
  1. YourNameHere004
    OP

Newcomer YourNameHere004 Member

Korea, South
    well, first of all, im a noob at burning games, so i hope im not sounding stupid or asking an already posted question. im not sure what chip i have cuz i got it preinstalled, so i guess i gotta find that out first. ive tried other backups and they work perfectly (ntsc J and US). but i have a prob with a few games. i have a japan version of rayman and that works fine, but the US version doesnt. ive tried doing heatseeker, but that doesnt work either. i get an error message sometimes, but when i restart, it will recognize the game and will have the music and all, but when i try to start the game, i get that annoying black screen. wiimote wont power down the system and wont eject until i power down manually.

it just doesnt wanna work. the ones i havent burned myself are on sony dvd-r and some no-name brand called "excellent" thats all neon green in color. as far as rayman goes, the jap version is working fine but not the us verion.....and heatseeker...not at all. any help would be great. here are my specs:

wii: ntsc J
    chip: unknown (for now)
    media: maxell dvd-r and imation dvd-r
    burning app: imgburn (PC) and disk utility (mac) im told it works for mac too, but i still just get the title then a black screen.
    burn speed: 2x and 2.4x

also, the isos ARE the right size (4,699,979,776)

2. shiftybill

Newcomer shiftybill Member

Australia
  3. YourNameHere004
    OP

Newcomer YourNameHere004 Member

Korea, South
    good looking out shiftybill. thanks for the info. guess i gotta get the euro version of rayman and just never be able to play heatseeker.....btw, is the media im using acceptable? i have a huge spindle and i really dont wanna go out and buy another brand when i have all these sitting here already. once again, thanks a lot.....and yes, google is our friend, but he was just being a prick and didnt tell me what i wanted to know......or maybe i wasnt asking the right question..... [​IMG]

4. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i think those media you got there is good enough. my friend used a cheap brand and he managed to play the game but with a drawback. he often get disc read error. but i think maxell and imation are well known brand and you should be just fine