Gaming Galaxy 2 - Ninty Protection

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well we saw what Nintendo did with NSMBWii, do you think Ninty will revise their Protection for this game? and do you think it'll be on the net again?

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats why we need a super early dump so people can crack it and show em
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rizzod said:
Just discussion speculation man, nothing to know... just thinking ya know
Fixed for clarity.
smile.gif

I honestly can't tell whether they'll add new security. All it does is delay piracy.

On the other hand, I guess (and hope) that whomever cracks whatever piracy may be on that disc will keep a low profile. And it's likely it won't be released on the internet until well after the release date (which makes it harder for nintendo to prove lost sales).

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uhm, did I miss something here? Any article/info on the guy who got some sort of fine for cracking an anti-piracy?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tW34k said:
Uhm, did I miss something here? Any article/info on the guy who got some sort of fine for cracking an anti-piracy?

Nope you didn´t miss anything the guy "only" uploaded the game but didn´t cracked it.
Anyway even if there will be a new try to protect the game it will be most likely cracked pretty fast the wii just don´t have the best security measures and since the Wii is pretty much fully hacked they can´t do much against it
wink.gif

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the dumbest clipped form of a word ever.

and yes, i think nintendo, like almost every software company on earth, will continue to try to decrease piracy. Just like I think the Earth will continue to orbit the sun, and water will be wet.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I hope they think of something better. I'm sure it will be worth the purchase, and that would certainly convince more to purchase it.
wink.gif

I mean, chances are it won't last a long time (the protection if any), but I surely hope people will support the game when it comes out.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Honestly, I hope they think of something better. I'm sure it will be worth the purchase, and that would certainly convince more to purchase it.
wink.gif

I mean, chances are it won't last a long time (the protection if any), but I surely hope people will support the game when it comes out.

It's not like it really matters. It's a game with Mario in the title. It'll sell well either way. NSMB Wii was the most pirated Wii game last year and still has sold 10+ million copies since it's launch (which was in November).

The protection is never permanent. There will always be a crack. Anti-piracy is basically just stalling so people who can't wait for fix just say "OH FUCK I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!" and go out and buy it. It happens a lot of the time. Except for some of the newer DS AP that kills off older carts (there's still no fix for Bejeweled Twist of Bookworm on a few karts), it's meant to delay, not to stop.

Odds are we'll have the same frenzy as NSMB Wii. That took a bit to crack and even longer for disc loaders. I have a feeling it'll be something new, since people are already adapting to BCA measures, or so I thought.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo wanted they could add checks within games that would stop pretty much any piracy from softmods but they don't, it make you wonder why.

I think piracy helps sell consoles and games....seems strange but the figures speak for themselves.

I don't think we'll see any new protection that can't be easily beat, I expect this game to pre on torrent sites before official release and be downloaded a lot more than most games, I also expect the game to sell lots more than most games. I will be right (fingers crossed
tongue.gif
)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My bet is that new nintendo games will have BCA protection, maybe some 3rd party titles too. Also game collections, like Metroid Prime Trilogy, and some 3rd party titles witll be IOS Reloading games. But that will be everything we will see for the next months, maybe even till christmas. This guess is based on the behaviour of nintendo in the past.

Juanmatron said:
Two words: IOS Reload = No USB.

And a new error 001 with form of error 004.

ERROR #004

Ilegal content finded in your console.

Ilegal = Modchip or cIOS (in this case, you now Nintendo).

Yep, IOS Reloading would be a pain, but it would hopefully get Waninkoko to solve this once and for all.

Really looking for illegal content is something nintendo decided to not do until now. See how they delete the HBC, they look for certain title ids, instead of looking for trucha signed channels. Or what they to do prevent using cIOS, they install stub(not working) IOS as IOS249 and IOS250, and that's supposed to fix the problem for them...

I don't see any good protection coming from nintendo soon, there's already A LOT of stuff they could have done already which would have caused at least big trouble, bigger than BCA, but they did nothing.

The easiest thing they could do and which would be a very big pain for at least people with new Wiis would be:
Check signatures of stuff, BEFORE running it. This would kill patched system menus, priiloader and ALL patched IOS. This is something everybody knowing a little of the Wii's security would even have expected to be done already.

nitrostemp said:
QUOTE(Juanmatron @ Feb 27 2010, 07:06 AM) Two words: IOS Reload = No USB.

two words Alt Dol

Doesn't work for Metroid Prime Triology Multiplayer or difficulty selection. Also if a game would do an IOS Reload to play movies and save AFTER the movie, that would totally beat alternative .dol loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1