Gaming Galatea - New 3D engine for Windows mobiles and DS

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The engine is developed by MindPol and has been about for a while.. They are also developing it for the Windows mobile phones. I ran the demos on my Touch Pro 2 Windows mobile and its nothing short of impressive.... The engine is also being developed for the DS and has universal Arm support.

Check out this video on Youtube

and

And this one

Also

The engine on the TP2 renders far better than anything I have seen on the Windows Mobile platform without hardware rendering than I have ever seen. I have real high hopes for the DS.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is amazing,thanks for sharing! Looks like a real DS game them graphics,and I like the shadows on that "The Flower And The Wind"

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit that looks impressive! I know they're just tech demos but the speed is outstanding, loved the actual tech demo video.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I sent a message to TomatoWAX the guy who posted the vidoes, as he has been chatting with people on a Windows Mobile forum where I also post and I sent him a link to this thread. I really hope he stops by and maybe answers some questions.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
That would be pretty cool if he stopped by. Is he part of the development team or just someone in the know?

I just got a reply from him :-

Wow thanks for posting this!

In fact, we stopped our developing for Nintendo DS since we don't have any businesses on it. However people still ask us for licensing engine for Nintendo DS and now we are thinking of starting the development again.

Anyway I'll check it and I think I should have a registration first.

Thank you for introducing our engine and also game.^^

Have a good day!~

He is connected to the company in some way. I did say to him that if they didn't continue developing for the DS that the homebrew community would love to get their hands on the engine
wink.gif

TomatoWAX

Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
That would be pretty cool if he stopped by. Is he part of the development team or just someone in the know?

Hello you guys, I'm the one of developers of MindPol Technology (for Galatea Engine on Galatea Technology).
I appreciate to funem for posting this.
smile.gif

Now, we are developing our engine for Windows Mobile and other mobile devices. eg. Android, iPhone, etc... (maybe based on linux)
And also we are developing some 2D/3D games.

Our works for Nintendo DS was done, however as funem said from my message we are thinking of developing for Nintendo DS again.
And I think it shoulde be for indie-developers who want to develop their own homebrews.
In fact, people who are living in KOREA, my country, don't know about homebrews well and can't understand yet how they are important on all of industries. (That's the ONE of reason why we couldn't release engine for indie-developers 'till yet.)
I like indie-developers and I hope that they could develop some games using our engine. (If they are showing our engine logos, that's better.)

I don't have any ideas yet for indie-developer licensing for Galatea Engine.
When we complete this problem and make our decision for starting developments for Nintendo DS again, we will leave a message to here I promise.

Anyway I feel uncomfortable when I use other development environment tool except VC++.
It makes me more tired.
tongue.gif

ps. In fact I introduced our game to gbadev.org at once. (Wait, Is talking gbadev.org on this forum forbidden? I hope not.)

Posts merged

QUOTE(funem @ Sep 28 2009, 02:31 AM) I sent a message to TomatoWAX the guy who posted the vidoes, as he has been chatting with people on a Windows Mobile forum where I also post and I sent him a link to this thread. I really hope he stops by and maybe answers some questions.

Yes, I promise that I'll answer and support some quesitons here.
smile.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for taking your time to reply here. And a huge thanks for considering letting homebrew developers use your engine, I believe homebrew produces some of the most original code and I am sure they will be very excited by this news.

I hope the DS community rallies round and shows some interest, I personally think this is good news

I am also looking forward to the engine being used on the Windows Mobile platform.

These are very interesting times indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.