Gakuensai no Oujisama translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Jei, Mar 7, 2010.

Mar 7, 2010

Gakuensai no Oujisama translation by Jei at 6:20 PM (1,935 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Oct 17, 2003
    Zillions of pixels far away~
    I've got a friend who's interested in translating the game script - she already did translate of some events for the original PS2 version and she is willing to work on the DS version as well.
    On top of that, I can do all the work related to image editing, as long as I am provided with BMP, PNG or any other kind of common image format.

All that really is left is someone skilled as a programmer/romhacker who can manage to extract and reinsert the game script and images.
    I did a previous look at the files inside the game, but I was unable to find any meaningful string of text - maybe it has some kind of compression?

Either way, thanks in advance!
  2. jjjewel

Member jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    I had tried to hack this game for these past few days and I already gave up. It's too difficult for a beginner so you might need an experienced hacker to help with this.

Here's what I got so far:

- Arm9.bin is compressed. You can decompress it with CrystalTile2.

- You can find some names in uncompressed Arm9.bin and the conversations during the card game (Ecstasy) are also there.

-There are project.bin and project.spp files which I guess are the sound files. (.spp is compressed and .bin has something to do with how to decompress the .spp, I guess.)

- My main guess for the location of text & graphic is filedata.bin. But the file could be compressed. The end of Arm7.bin has some kind of code which might give a clue on how to decompress the file. (Or maybe not. You'll need a programmer to check for it.)