Gakuensai no Oujisama translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Jei, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Jei
    OP

Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Oct 17, 2003
    Brazil
    Zillions of pixels far away~
    I've got a friend who's interested in translating the game script - she already did translate of some events for the original PS2 version and she is willing to work on the DS version as well.
    On top of that, I can do all the work related to image editing, as long as I am provided with BMP, PNG or any other kind of common image format.

All that really is left is someone skilled as a programmer/romhacker who can manage to extract and reinsert the game script and images.
    I did a previous look at the files inside the game, but I was unable to find any meaningful string of text - maybe it has some kind of compression?

Either way, thanks in advance!

2. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    I had tried to hack this game for these past few days and I already gave up. It's too difficult for a beginner so you might need an experienced hacker to help with this.

Here's what I got so far:

- Arm9.bin is compressed. You can decompress it with CrystalTile2.

- You can find some names in uncompressed Arm9.bin and the conversations during the card game (Ecstasy) are also there.

-There are project.bin and project.spp files which I guess are the sound files. (.spp is compressed and .bin has something to do with how to decompress the .spp, I guess.)

- My main guess for the location of text & graphic is filedata.bin. But the file could be compressed. The end of Arm7.bin has some kind of code which might give a clue on how to decompress the file. (Or maybe not. You'll need a programmer to check for it.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice