Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how the ps3-game streaming will work... I mean, let's say you've already bought it on the psn during the ps3 era (Digital version)... would you have to rebuy it for Gaikai to play it again? This is still unclear :/

... Or is it like "Okay I have plus, so I can play any ps3 game " - like netflix? And if it is like Netflix, would you pay for PS+ AND another subscription? :/ I'm not paying twice for that feature.

Thanks!

fojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody's certain, but i think it's gonna be like OnLive. You can buy games individually, or you can get a subscription and get alot of games (but not all of them).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personal opinion is that the content bought previously will be available via Gaikai. So far Sony's announcements have had a certain tone and, if suddenly PSN content bought previously on the PS3 would be unaccessible, they'd lose quite a bit of positive PR and reviews.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be ready to Buy ur old games again like 5x more $ony loves it just another excuse for us to shell out more Money.....Seriously cant recall the countless times i've ended up buying a game multiple times

I got Tactics Ogre 4x times MGS Peace Walker 5x times its ridicules...........

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be ready to Buy ur old games again like 5x more $ony loves it just another excuse for us to shell out more Money.....Seriously cant recall the countless times i've ended up buying a game multiple times

I think that says more about you than anything.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that says more about you than anything.

No that says everything bout stupid $ony.....If i bought a Game and wanted to transfer...guess what i gotta buy that game again as digital or another physical.....oohhh i got a Vita wonder if i can transfer my Games to it....Noooo i gotta rebuy the damn thing.....

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No that says everything bout stupid $ony.....If i bought a Game and wanted to transfer...guess what i gotta buy that game again as digital or another physical.....oohhh i got a Vita wonder if i can transfer my Games to it....Noooo i gotta rebuy the damn thing.....

Yeah, that says more about you cuz y'know you don't have to rebuy anything.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ur not getting my point Budd....i know i don't HAVE TO but if i wanna actually PLAY THE GAMES ON MY SYSTEMS i DO.....They keep re-Releasing same old Ports of old titles

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How the hell did Sony get you to buy MGS Peace Walker 5 times?
After the second time you'd think "Okay, I'm not doing that again"...

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell did Sony get you to buy MGS Peace Walker 5 times?
After the second time you'd think "Okay, I'm not doing that again"...

Well biggest reason is i like playing games :gba: Between PSP/PSP Go/PS Vita/PS3 i've wasted so much money it isnt even funny.....not to me at least.....Again tho the biggest problem is them releasing ports upon ports of Games i already have but still wanna play on newer systems making me cave in......

Example - GOW 1&2 HD collection i bought both on PSP....then had to digital buy for PSP Go.....then bought on collection for PS3....now i gotta BUY AGAIN ON VITA!!@#$!!$#!$!$!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well biggest reason is i like playing games :gba: Between PSP/PSP Go/PS Vita/PS3 i've wasted so much money it isnt even funny.....not to me at least.....Again tho the biggest problem is them releasing ports upon ports of Games i already have but still wanna play on newer systems making me cave in......

Example - GOW 1&2 HD collection i bought both on PSP....then had to digital buy for PSP Go.....then bought on collection for PS3....now i gotta BUY AGAIN ON VITA!!@#$!!$#!$!$!

Uh if you mean Chains of Olympus/Ghost of Sparta then your digital PSP Go purchase transfers to the Vita.

GOW 1&2 HD were only on the PS3 anyway.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"A fool and his money are soon parted. And seriously, dude, learn a little restraint. Do you really need to play the same games across so many platforms? Don't blame Sony for your terrible spending habits." - Benjamin Franklin

Reactions: hhs and TripleSMoon

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"A fool and his money are soon parted. And seriously, dude, learn a little restraint. Do you really need to play the same games across so many platforms? Don't blame Sony for your terrible spending habits." - Benjamin Franklin

Nothing he can about it when the mafia Sony are extorting money out of him. He has no choice but to rebuy his gaems otherwise Andrew House and Shu Yoshida will rape and pilllage his family.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I can tell, there's no actual reason for Sony to make you buy your games again if you want to stream them over Gaikai - if they're already on your PSN account, they should be automatically available. Obviously you're going to have to buy games you don't already own digitally and I would expect a subscription fee since those servers aren't going to pay for themselves. Thanks to Playstation Plus, I have a crazy amount of PS3 games that I'm more than excited to stream to my Vita.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh if you mean Chains of Olympus/Ghost of Sparta then your digital PSP Go purchase transfers to the Vita.

GOW 1&2 HD were only on the PS3 anyway.

Nothing he can about it when the mafia Sony are extorting money out of him. He has no choice but to rebuy his gaems otherwise Andrew House and Shu Yoshida will rape and pilllage his family.

Yeah u guys are right I'm an Idiot for trying to support $ ony and their stupid products.....Guess its a Nintendo Life for me Fuck $ ony

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, there's no actual reason for Sony to make you buy your games again if you want to stream them over Gaikai - if they're already on your PSN account, they should be automatically available. Obviously you're going to have to buy games you don't already own digitally and I would expect a subscription fee since those servers aren't going to pay for themselves. Thanks to Playstation Plus, I have a crazy amount of PS3 games that I'm more than excited to stream to my Vita.

Good Luck with that i seriously doubt $ony is gonna let u "Transfer" ur PS3 titles for Gaikai Streaming LOL.....Greed is the Name of the Game

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah u guys are right I'm an Idiot for trying to support $ ony and their stupid products.....Guess its a Nintendo Life for me Fuck $ ony

Because it's not like Nintendo remakes its games or has the Virtual Console or anyt- oh, wait, that's exactly what they do.

But no, you're right. Companies should regulate our spending habits for us. It's too much to expect that we can make informed decisions. God help us if we have to use a little self-control every now and again, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol