Gaikai now Playstation Now

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Very doubtful you'll have access to "every game you want". More likely that there'll be a set library of games available for subscription and a premium charged for more popular or newer titles. The library of games available will grow over time but would not be all inclusive. And it would be ludicrous to give access to everything for $10 a month.
And why would that be the case? You're only ever going to play one game at a time anyways - you could have access to a million quadrillion games and you'll still only use so much bandwidth. The number of games you'll have access to in no way increases Sony's costs as far as streaming is concerned.

That being said, I'm assuming that the initial pool of games will be limited and chances are that there will be some kind of a limit as far as the number of games you could "try out" per month is concerned, even if only to make sure that the customers won't go through the whole library in a few sittings and stop paying the subscription after they're done.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means that i can play persona 3 fes in my ps vita?

1302514958-00.jpg

?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Sony's servers running Gaikai can be hacked to remotely install CFW :tpi:
To be honest, PS3 is the most secure console in 7th gen. The only reason CFW is possible pre-3.55 was because Sony made a critical mistake in ECDSA, a cryptographic digital signature. Instead of making k random (a value used in ECDSA, supposed to be random in the first place), Sony used the same k value again and again. That would make the only unknown variable be the private key (key used to sign). A little Algebra would tell you that when everything but one value is known it is possible to solve the equation.

Sony finally made k a random value, and used new private key 3.56+. This makes CFW impossible on 3.56+. PS4 is using ECDSA too, so unless there is another huge mistake chance of CFW on PS4 is close to none.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, PS3 is the most secure console in 7th gen. The only reason CFW is possible pre-3.55 was because Sony made a critical mistake in ECDSA, a cryptographic digital signature. Instead of making k random (a value used in ECDSA), Sony used the same k value again and again. That would make the only unknown variable be the private key (key used to sign). A little Algebra would tell you that when everything but one value is known it is possible to solve the equation.

I am not sure I can go that, if a theoretically great design fails in implementation (and that failed to the extent of "needs a USB drive to hack it") then yeah. Of course it lasted the longest and that might be what counts more.

Ignoring the DVD drive stuff (and leaving the verification of a key device to the device itself which may have been compromised is a fairly basic failing of security logic) I would have said the 360 had the best

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very doubtful you'll have access to "every game you want". More likely that there'll be a set library of games available for subscription and a premium charged for more popular or newer titles. The library of games available will grow over time but would not be all inclusive. And it would be ludicrous to give access to everything for $10 a month.

I wouldn't say ludicrous. I mean, look at Netflix, for example. You get access to their whole library for $8/month. I would however agree that $10 is a on the low side, my guess is $15/month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.