Gah! Storite 160gb HDD falling asleep

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JanosValentine, Jul 21, 2015.

1. JanosValentine
    OP

JanosValentine Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    United States
    When I boot up my Wii and launch Wiiflow Masterpiece for the first time everything is fine. The first thing I launch goes off without a hitch.

However, the moment it boots me back into the Wiiflow menu, I can't load anything, either it asks me to select a device or it displays things from cache then when I load it just crashes or boots me back to the Wiiflow menu after a blackscreen.

If I power off then restart my Wii, everything works fine again, until after I load the first item and exit back out, then I have to restart again, and again, it's so annoying.

I believe this is because my USB device is "going to sleep", the LED goes off and everything, I don't know what causes this but is there any way to automatically wake it up every time I go back into the Wiiflow menu?

There's also an annoying issue of my Wiimotes occasionally locking up completely and basically bricking until I tug the battery pack out and clip it back in, is there an app for that? I haven't been able to find anything so if any of you have one please share haha.

Last edited by JanosValentine, Jul 21, 2015
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  3. JanosValentine
    OP

JanosValentine Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    United States
    It freezes at scanning for USB devices then doesn't display it, and unfortunately my HDD is simply listed as a mass storage device, I don't know how to get info on the real hdd brand.

I solved the problem though. What I did was clean the HDD in the dos 'disk part' (partitioning) tool, then I formatted it with SmartDisk FAT32 tool. It still shuts off sometimes when Wiiflow takes forever to return to menu, but I think that's a wiiflow issue specifically, similar to controllers locking up and becoming useless. It doesn't happen every time and restarting the Wii always fixes it.

Last edited by JanosValentine, Jul 23, 2015