Hardware gah! no GC backups after 1.9b update - wiikey

sasuke_kun12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after i updated to 1.9b i can't get the 1.3 config working. even when i put in the 1.2 i get a black screen with an eror message. The only GC discs i can boot is mario kart and melee. 1.2 and both games worked before wii update and when the new wii update came along that screwed with the homebrew discs only the games work

gah! I'm at my wits ends!

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the upgrade to 1.9g certain game cube games like NHL06 can't seem to load or save while Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 will get random mute that has to be hard reset to get sound back. Let me know if you have similar problems with the same game or different games. For now GCOS is the quick fix, but I rather have it proper fix by the next firmware.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off - 1.9 (b or g) are updates, not setup discs. They work fine on clones.

Update your WiiKey to 1.9g and make sure you put the update on quality media and burn it the way your Wii has good success reading. Now try the 1.3 setup disc again. If it still won't work download it directly from wiikey.cn and burn it again in the manner your Wii likes.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off - 1.9 (b or g) are updates, not setup discs. They work fine on clones.

Update your WiiKey to 1.9g and make sure you put the update on quality media and burn it the way your Wii has good success reading. Now try the 1.3 setup disc again. If it still won't work download it directly from wiikey.cn and burn it again in the manner your Wii likes.
Nope, actually some (note: some) clones CANNOT update with G.. (and probably not with B either) due to wrong fuse values or whatever it was

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please show me one true WiiKey clone (an ATMEGA8L) that can't be updated from the Wii when it is properly installed and a proper update disc is used. One person started those posts about bad fuse values and it's all speculation.

nr1rhg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
after i updated to 1.9b i can't get the 1.3 config working. even when i put in the 1.2 i get a black screen with an eror message. The only GC discs i can boot is mario kart and melee. 1.2 and both games worked before wii update and when the new wii update came along that screwed with the homebrew discs only the games work

same here, config disk 1.1 and 1.3 worked fine after update to 1.9g.
but when is loaded the 5-10% update files of the smg disk, it couldn't load the config disks.

i used a gc collection gamedisk to get to the loader and than put the config disk in and loaded the file.

got a wiikey with hologram. so real.

propke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please show me one true WiiKey clone (an ATMEGA8L) that can't be updated from the Wii when it is properly installed and a proper update disc is used. One person started those posts about bad fuse values and it's all speculation.

i'm sorry to interrupt but my ATMEGA8L doesn't work anymore after a update to 1.9b so i only can read orginal games the backup games doesn't work anymore, setup disk doesn't work too and the gcos doesn't work also. I get a ? and can't read the disk check your manual. Someone a sollution for it.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please show me one true WiiKey clone (an ATMEGA8L) that can't be updated from the Wii when it is properly installed and a proper update disc is used.  One person started those posts about bad fuse values and it's all speculation.

i'm sorry to interrupt but my ATMEGA8L doesn't work anymore after a update to 1.9b so i only can read orginal games the backup games doesn't work anymore, setup disk doesn't work too and the gcos doesn't work also. I get a ? and can't read the disk check your manual. Someone a sollution for it.

How did you update it - with a programmer or via DVD? Did it quit working immediately after the update? If you used a programmer which file did you flash it with?

diuqil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To avoid misinformation...

I bought a Wiikey from DealExtreme, and it's widely reputed to be a clone. I updated it to 1.9b and then to g the other day without problems. The setup disc 1.3 works fine also. I can play real games and back ups.

So for the record, and from my experience, my clone wiikey (if it is) works 100% like the original.

--

edit: I had one instance where before I updated, I got an initializing drive error. I re-burned (IMG BURN) the update ISO without filechop, tried again, and it worked like a charm. Don't know if this helps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/