N/A
N/A
N/A

Current Materials Status
In Possession:
Not In Possession:
Shipped/Onway:

-GC Controller
-GameCube; DOL-101 REV-C was Bad Condition, Sent back; actually in GOOD CONDITION; Will be a spare parts GC DOL-001 REV A IPL v1.0 Arrived!
-AV Cable
-Power Brick
-WiiKey Fusion Swiss Autoboot r216, COMPATIBLE WITH the terrible IPL v1.0! :D
-Tri-ScrewDriver Just arrived! 8/7/2013 4:39PM GMT -7
-SD Card [SDHC, Sandisk 32GB]
-Screen/LCD : 5" Flat Panel LCD Display (ZENITH) just arrived 2/26/2014
-Battery [UNDECIDED]
What is this?​
-This is my log for the progress of my portable GameCube, this is still under construction ATM, updates weekly.​
[Notes for later typing]​
Issues along the way:​
-Horizontal Line Issue​
Current GameCube:​
DOL-001​
IPL v1.0​
REV-A GameCube​
Board: [Haven't opened yet]​
Spare GameCube:​
DOL-001​
IPL v1.0​
REV-A GameCube​
Board: [Haven't opened yet]​

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
2nd Post for Pictures/Videos Reserved​
===================================​
OFFICIAL PICTURE OF EVERYTHING AS OF FEB 23 2014!​
184034-IMG_2765.JPG

Parts Breakdown
GameCubes
184030-IMG_2761.JPG
These babies right here are both DOL-001 and made in Japan! They are identical and the one on the right used to be the left cube's brother! An eBay seller had some fun painting the right cube (he does awesome paint jobs!) and I was almost sad to disassemble it.

Indigo Cube
184032-IMG_2763.JPG
This cube had a surprise when it arrived. It had a cover to the HI SPEED PORT! Not much else to say. It's made in JAPAN so it has a v1.0 IPL.
Custom-paint Cube
184031-IMG_2762.JPG
This cube did not come with a HI-SPEED PORT cover, like most cubes. Also a IPL V1.0
Powersupply

184037-IMG_2768.JPG
Both sellers of the cubes above sent me the official power supply! Sweet!
SanDisk 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card

184038-IMG_2769.JPG
Not much to say! It will be used with the WiiKey Fusion

WiiKey Fusions (x2) + Security-Screwdrivers
184033-IMG_2764.JPG
GameBit screwdrivers were standard; With the WiiKey Fusion I was lucky enough to have a very kind seller. He warned me IPL v1.0s are not compatible with the WiiKey Fusion's menu however if the WiiKey Fusion was flashed with WKF Firmware V1.0 set to Swiss Autoboot it would work fine. He was kind enough to flash them both for me! He is one of the most honest and kind sellers I've bought from! :yay: I bought two WKFs because they no longer are for sale and the guy had 10 in stock. (At the time of this writing he is now out-of-stock.
AV Adapter
184036-IMG_2767.JPG
Err... It works? It is the official Nintendo AV Adapter. That's about it. The 3rd party one is also around here somewhere... I will look for it later :wacko:
Tactile Switches (ITT CANNON x100)
184035-IMG_2766.JPG
I bought 100x tactile switches for later soldering.

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
3rd Post for News/Updates Reserved​
===================================​
2/23/2014
Happy new year! :D
I finally got back to work again and will be posting pictures (see above post). Today I ordered a LCD screen, so all I need to do now is trimming the mother board. Once I get around to do the dirty work with the electronics I should be able to get to case designing. Suggestions are welcome! The LCD is 5".​

Everything is officially here... Almost!
I have two IPL v1.0 NTSC-U GameCubes, Two WiikeyFusions v1.0 on Swiss autoboot r216, my screwdrivers, two official power bricks, one 3rd party AV cable, and a 32GB Class 10 SanDiskExtreme Series card. I sent back the Platinum garbage cube (the DOL-101 Rev C) and lost $14 in the process, but gained back the previously lost $30. (gained $16 back)
Hopefully I'll finally be able to get to work soon, but for now I'll be remaining idle.
The second GameCube arrived as well as my WKF with Swiss Autoboot rev 216. Unfortunately my new GameCube that arrived had IPL v1.0. I knew it was a REV-A, but wasn't expecting this setback. Fortunately, the WKF seller was kind enough to flash my WKF with Swiss Autoboot r216, which makes IPL v1.0 compatible. I also found out that while I thought the GameCube REV C was faulty, I was wrong. THIS >>Power Cable<< was the culprit. The REV-A Came with official Nintendo AV and Power cables, so I could test out every possibility. Can't wait for my Tri-wing screwdriver and 32GB SD card to come so I can finally get started! Don't forget to post suggestions, I'm still looking for a reasonable screen/batteries.
My first DOL-101 Rev C cube arrived, as well as the cables that came with it. Upon initial testing, the screen displayed horizontal lines. I am currently speculating this is caused by a hardware failure on the cube itself, (due to the poor condition) but there is no way to be sure until I can test a second cube with the same cables. I purchased a DOL-001 cube (won an auction on eBay) that will come with AV and Power supply. This way I can test this out on the new DOL-001 Cube. I will be returning the REV C cube, as I do not like what I'm hearing on the inside.
Cheers! :grog:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Darn, too bad you already bought the supplies. I found this little gem on eBAY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/READ-NICE-N...0969275239?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d0f4e5b67

But I'm sure there are other screens out, there. Or you may be able to snag a cheap one off eBAY.

EDIT: Bleh, not that great of a gem. Aftermarket controller, and no power adapter. Bleh.

Plus the screen is soldered on already. It would be a pain to carry that lug of crap around especially for that price.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jonthedit

Xotadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Xotadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see you recently joined. May I say, Welcome!
Are you here to build a portable GC too?
I'll be updating this shortly, as I'm almost ready to start soldering.
I'll add pics of the current build tonight.
Thanks for the welcome! As for your question, I really don't know, I love taking on electronic projects so I may build a portable console of some sort (The GameCube is one of the only Nintendo consoles I don't own) but I may buy one just for a personal challenge :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2