OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Unfortunately - in typical, teasing style - it refused to be drawn on any detail of what the surprises entailed.

Speculation over a Half-Life 2: Episode 3 announcement was rife before E3 in June, but never materialised. Valve cancelled a planned press conference at the LA Expo very suddenly - which was supposed to reveal a "surprise".

Maybe that was one of the three?

"I can guarantee you people are going to be surprised at stuff we do. That isn't going to stop any time soon. I'm just laughing because... people will be shocked again," Valve boss Gabe Newell told the latest issue of PC Gamer.

"We have three pretty big surprises in the next 12 months at least."

Bring 'em on, Gabe. Bring 'em on.

Newell has also revealed that Valve is working hard on biometrics to better understand their customers - and, potentially, to bring freaky new heart-monitoring thrills to gameplay.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=262521

Portal 2 bundled with Ep3. Also, L4D3 announcement. Oh, and it could also be a Minecraft announcement since Minecraft and Valve were in the talks.

believe.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Speculation over a Half-Life 2: Episode 3 announcement was rife before E3 in June, but never materialised. Valve cancelled a planned press conference at the LA Expo very suddenly - which was supposed to reveal a "surprise".
Did these guys forget that Valve revealed Portal 2 for PS3? Which was related to the manner they announced there will be a surprise and that Gabe's previous comments on the PS3 certainly did make it a surprise.

But then again why would a site called Computer and Video Games know about what happened at a small and completely unrelated event such as E3?

DotA will probably be one of the "surprises".

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
4th surprise. By 12 months they mean 2 and a half years. Lucky bastards with their own time-space continuum...
I think if anything Valve actually revealing all three surprises within the 12 months would be the surprise.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Still hoping/dreaming for Source Engine 2, Steam for Linux and Half-Life (Something with a "3" in the Title
tongue.gif
).

Though I'm also pretty shure that none of these will be one of the three surprises. But hey, I can dream
biggrin.gif

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
"I can guarantee you people are going to be surprised at stuff we do. That isn't going to stop any time soon. I'm just laughing because... people will be shocked again,"

Confirmed for another no episode 3 announcement.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big surprise from Valve in 12 months?

Perhaps Gabe is on a diet and will way a tad less in 12 months?
I'd sure be surprised.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Team Fortress 2 Episode 1: A New Hat
Team Fortress 2 Episode 2: The Hats Strike Back
Team Fortress 2 Episode 3: The Return of the Hats
(PRO-TIP: Episode 3 will not be released.)

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Minox_IX said:
One of those better be Ep3 -_-

EP3 bundled with Portal 2, no change in Release date and EP3 is based on the new Portal Modified Source Engine (dynamic lights everywhere and stuff, you know what I mean)
Also minecraft on steam but that might not even be one of their big suprises.

lolet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabe Newell said:
"We have three pretty big surprises in the next 12 months at least."
12 months? Never heard that one before. I wonder what it'll be in Valve time.

I really think Valve is the greatest game company there is. Mostly because they strive after value(experience, knowledge, happy customers and money) and not just money and it really shows.

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Based on Valve's website "There are no plans to create a native Linux Steam Client at this time."[69] Following the announcement of Steam for Mac OS X, Linux benchmark and news website Phoronix found Linux-related references in a beta release of the Mac Steam client. This was followed later by the discovery of files for an incomplete Linux client available for download on Valve's own web servers.[70][71][72][73][74][75][76] On May 12, 2010, The Daily Telegraph claimed that Valve had confirmed that a Linux client was planned to be released "in the coming months", but gave no other details.[77] This claim was then repeated on other websites as conclusive proof.[78]
Quoted from Steam wikipedia. I would be really psyched for Linux support. The only reason I don't use my Linux partition that much is because of no game support. Since I usually only play Steam games, I would shift back to Linux in a heartbeat.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolet said:
I really think Valve is the greatest game company there is. Mostly because they strive after value(experience, knowledge, happy customers and money) and not just money and it really shows.

Agreed, Valve is a gaming company for the gamers. They embrace mods and community work in such an astounding way.

I personally hope one of these is a new game and not a sequel. Not that their sequels are bad, they're great, but when Valve makes and new series or game it's usually very cool. Left 4 Dead was an awesome series they pulled of the ground. I would love to see what else Valve can do for first person games in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.